BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 131 - 140 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter white out safety
You could always use some reflective cordage tied to yourself/pack that ran out at 100ft. Just respool on the way back in to your camp....worked in Antartica!

In Winter Hiking » Winter White-Out Safety
January 23, 3:13pm

Re: esbit in checked bags?
Tim I have'nt heard from you on your trip plans. What's your flight out day? Itinerary? Length of stay? Fitness/age? Ditto Joesph!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 23, 2:25pm

Re: 10' x 10' tarp
I have to agree, Brian McMillian at OES makes fine tarps! I was'nt aware that he was able to be making anything now, since he is currently enrolled in college and burning the midnight Esbit...

In Make Your Own Gear » 10'x10' SilNylon Tarp
January 23, 12:45pm

Re: Re: poncho hood
PJ, I was thinking the same thing about Ron Bell's avatar... Now if Ron could rig that pack with another set of bungees UNDER the back pocket, that would allow the pack's main compartment t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Favorite Poncho Tarp Setup
January 23, 12:14pm

Re: re:Look a Retail source for Pertex
Brett you WANT a Montane Litespeed Jacket AND Pants! They are the REAL Pertex deal!

In Make Your Own Gear » Look a Retail source for Pertex
January 23, 12:00pm

Re: Reverse engineering a tarp
My bets are on Bill Fornshell or Henry Shires being able to take one look at it and MYOG.

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse engineering a tarp
January 23, 11:57am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
Jim C yes, the little fire steel is a great addition to your ten essentials kit, but it's not the end all in fire starting. James is on point here with the mini Bic for daily use for stove ...

In GEAR » Ultralight fire starter
January 23, 11:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Food intake for 20 hour days
Aaron, look into some protein drink/energy drinks, 'Pro Recovery' by MetRx, and the like. You'll be needing to replenish your water intake and by combining your fuel/food into this will...

In GEAR » Food intake for 20 hour days
January 23, 11:30am

Re: ReviveX vs. Nikwax vs. ? for cleaning down
I agree, it's a bit hard to understand how big the difference was between the actual products with that statement.

In GEAR » ReviveX vs. Nikwax vs. ? for cleaning down
January 23, 11:15am

Re: Re: What about trying this...?
You might consider carrying a 2L Platy against your back, in place of a pad, if your pack has this type of pad pocket. It would still cushion your back, and the larger volume of water should'nt...

In GEAR » Light Insulation With Water Bottle Pockets?
January 23, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.