BPL Community Profile

Chris Chastain (Thangfish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. Central NC, USA
About Me Chris Chastain has not added a biography yet.
CityCameron
StateNC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Chastain

Showing 131 - 140 of 251 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

UL breathable, waterproof
eVent?

In Make Your Own Gear » What is the best UL breathable truely waterproof fabric for a tent
March 21, 8:58am

2nd ammendment
I am not getting involved in this spurious discussion about the morality of gun ownership, but I want to express to those of you wishing to discuss the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights one simpl...

In Chaff » Stop Blaming Guns!!!
March 19, 4:00pm

Re: RE:protection on hikes
> My question is- O.K. now you've gone and shot someone intentionally. Wounded badly, now what? 2nd shot, go for help, apply first aid.... No. Push magazine release. Empty mag drops ou...

In Chaff » do you take protection on hikes?
March 18, 4:16am

Re: Re: Lightest?
> How on earth would you use a gun for getting water? I guess you're joking, but just in case you're not... She didn't say she used it to get water, she said "where water ...

March 18, 4:12am

Re: Lightest?
> We had a Keltec 9mm years ago. Owwww!!!! That thing would give recall beyond belief. Because of its lack of mass and it's short grip, the P32 kicks much harder than one would think also...

March 17, 7:20pm

BPL ultralight pillows
Of my 3 pack of dual chambered ones, I used one for over a year on many trips with no problems at all. I gave one away, and it is still in use. The last one I used recently and it leaked down right...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL ultralight pillows
March 17, 6:08pm

Re: Carry Laws
> I was literrally told "I don't know because I don't have to worry about where I carry- I'm law enforcement." In my opinion, that statement absolutely negates anything ...

March 17, 5:49pm

Re: Re: Lightest handgun
> how effective is the .32 rounds? About as effective as you're probably thinking, to pose the question. In addition, I would suggest staying away from hollow points with that round.

March 17, 5:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Sub 1lb?
> ~ 19.5oz fully loaded. The PF-9 is said to weigh about 21oz loaded. The P-11 is 23oz loaded. Both are Keltec 9mm autos.

March 17, 5:25pm

Lightest handgun
> What's a good UL pistol, btw? The lightest semi-auto handgun is the Keltec P32 at 6.6oz, a little over 9oz with a full magazine. I wouldn't really call it a "good" pistol ...

March 17, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Chastain

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Dirty Girl Gaiters
Dirty Girl Gaiters are cheap, light, breathable, simple and dang cool looking. What else could you ask for in the way of general usage ultralight backpacking gaiters? Only one thing... I wish they wo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 27, 10:07pm