BPL Community Profile

Rakesh Malik (Tamerlin) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me Rakesh Malik has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rakesh Malik

Showing 131 - 140 of 738 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Skurka can't get no love
> When I first looked at Ray Jardine's website a few years ago, and read most of the > content, I thought the UL crowd was a bunch of fringe lunatics. In some sense, we are. We don&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka can't get no love
January 27, 12:13pm

Re: Re: Skurka can't get no love
> I'd put it under "Haters Gonna Hate" and that those who have an issue with him > probably are a bit jealous ;-) I was thinking exactly the same thing. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka can't get no love
January 27, 11:39am

Re: Re: Re: Is the EB First Ascent BC-200 eVent?
> to believe creating some vague random re-brand is actually better for them, it makes > no sense to me, but they seem to all believe it. It's a marketing thing. Once customers come ...

In GEAR » Is the EB First Ascent BC-200 eVent?
January 27, 10:56am

Re: Re: Why not use a PU coated floor?
> Thomas, I can tell you that that we just don't get reports of floor water > intrusion and floors just don't come back for repair (and lots of users don't > bother with gr...

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
January 25, 10:31am

Re: Ordered one
"For those who are using the inflators with the neoairs, is the reason only for time savings/convenience? Or is there an aspect of maintaing warmth by not having moist/humid breath inside the ...

In GEAR » Neo air Xlite's appear to be shipping
January 24, 11:08am

Re: Re: Someone please explain button compasses
"I'm convinced that the world is in so much trouble now because so many seem to think that if you can't learn it from a youtube video, then it isn't worth learning." 21st c...

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 23, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Sleeping bag or quilt cold weather
I used a Katabatic Blackwelder on Kilimanjaro, and it was fine even at Kibo Hut camp (15,500 feet). I was sleeping in a tent (MSR Asgard), using a pad that the porters provided so I don't know ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag or quilt cold weather
January 22, 8:31pm

Re: Flammable hand sanitizer
I tried that with Purell once, just to find out whether or not it would work, and it did light -- though I was also experimenting with a ferrocerium firestarter as well, so it took a few tries. A m...

In GEAR » Flammable hand sanitizer
January 22, 8:23pm

Re: Solar cells built into your phone...(the end of GPS units in 5 yrs?)
Maybe phones have improved more than I'd realized... On my last phone, a Samsung crapform, I was lucky if it even locked a signal inside of half an hour, and its navigation actually got me lost...

In GEAR » Solar cells built into your phone...(the end of GPS units in 5 yrs?)
January 22, 8:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: msr hubba
> It seems to have everything I want, but the lower weight. Doesn't always seem to end up working out that way? At least with MSR you get build quality and customer service. MSR's ...

In GEAR » 1P UL's
January 21, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Rakesh Malik

Rakesh Malik has posted no reviews.