Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Guest

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 131 - 140 of 388 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...39

Forum » Thread

Combat Gauze, Celox, super glue, and snake bites
In regards to Quick Clot, It is my understanding that Celox is the cloting agent used in the current Combat Gauze. Celox does not produce heat when applied and unlike Quick Clot it doesn't nee...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight First Aid
June 16, 9:48am

Re: Extra waterproofing?
"I've heard that the clothing type Tyvek fabric is by itself only somewhat highly water resistant (whereas the Homewrap is noticeably more so), wouldn't it be a good idea to coat it wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » $10 Tyvek coveralls converted to 2.95oz jacket & 1.73oz chaps.
June 15, 1:26am

Re: chemicals...
"The trouble I have with iodine or chlorine is I don't like drinking poison." Are you aware that your body needs iodine to live? Iodine requires about 30 minutes of time to kill e...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 12, 7:13pm

Re: re: sawyer squeeze disappointment
Based on all the threads I have seen about this I can understand how vinegar and warm water would clear out minerals. However several people are from the PNW which has some very clean water. So I...

In GEAR » sawyer squeeze disappointment
June 10, 12:23am

Re: tips
"The best ISO is usually higher" this is wrong! For minimum noise the always use the lowest iso setting. Low iso (reduced light sensitivity) and gives you the lowest noise to but requ...

In Photography » Star Trails
June 09, 7:16pm

Re: Re: drinking straws
Thanks for posting this! A lot really great ideas in the video. And to think that I have been throwing these things away for years.

In Make Your Own Gear » drinking straws
June 09, 11:50am

Re: Borah Cuben Bivy +Polycro or Ti Goat Pharmigan bivy
Frequently when I read a trip report where the person used a DWR bivy they mention condensation. i have never seen any reports of condensation in a totally waterproof event bivy. Why not get tot...

In GEAR » Borah Cuben Bivy +Polycro or Ti Goat Pharmigan bivy
June 09, 11:16am

Re: Re: Re: Who is 'SnapJudgment' ?
"She had a massive blood clot in her leg from the accident (which she told no one about) and that is where the stroke came from." Jennifer I have been on medication for leg clots. Ju...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
June 08, 1:14pm

Re: check valve
Next time you go to a hospital or your doctor's office ask for a syringe. If its not contaminated with drug or body fluids or don't have a neadle they might give you one for free. Most st...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG water filter - questions
June 08, 12:28pm

Re: zion national park
Kolob arch is a very big one but you cannot get very close to it. the arch is near the top of the cliff while you can only view it from the bottom, on the other side of the valley. I didn't f...

In Pre-Trip Planning » zion national park
June 08, 12:26am

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.