Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 131 - 140 of 621 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...63

Forum » Thread

Another vote for GFG down booties
I have both the down socks and the overbooties from GooseFeet Gear and love them. The socks are pure bliss... For me, if its cold enough for the down booties I will also carry the overbooties b...

In GEAR » REI BOOTIES AND BULK
February 23, 10:23am

Re: Chad...is that your underwear??
Haha... I hope not! :)

In Make Your Own Gear » Zebralight H52 head strap
February 22, 7:29am

Good luck with mine from Lawson Kline
I am about 99% sure that the mini dropper bottle I am using for bleach is from a kit that Lawson Kline used to sell on his site, although, I may be wrong... Anyway, for the last 1.5 - 2 years, I...

In GEAR » Micro Drop Bottles
February 21, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Fit on different MB models...
I understand that the Ex Light & the ULDIP is intended to be midlayers, which is why I stress to a lot of folks that I don't use either of these jackets on their own, but as a part of a lay...

In GEAR » Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
February 20, 7:55pm

Fit on different MB models...
Dan, I don't understand why, but I find that my UL Down Inner Parka has a bit different fit than my Alpine Light Parka. I am 5'10" and 200 lbs. My ULDIP is a size XL and fits me wonder...

In GEAR » Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
February 19, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Zebralight H52 head strap
Bob, I am fine without the GITD holder. Sure its neat and all but not necessary for me. I usually just slide the headlamp down from my head to my neck when going to bed so I always know where it is.

February 18, 10:34pm

Re: Zebralight H52 head strap
I am still using the older H51, so it is supposedly a hair heavier than the newer H52... but, when I got my H51, one of the first things I did was change out the headband and drop a ton of weight.....

February 18, 8:34pm

Re: "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
I'd say that's pretty average, although, by the other comments, it looks like maybe not... I wear a large pair of Columbia Silver Ridge 2 convertible pants. With the supplied nylon belt,...

In GEAR » "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
February 16, 1:46pm

Re: Lunar Duo Question
I had no issues with my LD when I had it when not using the arch bars.

In GEAR » Lunar Duo Question
February 14, 3:51pm

Re: Goosefeet down pants
I absolutely love my GFG down pants! This is my second year to use them, and I love them more and more each time I take them out with me. Mine have 3.5 oz of down fill, and weigh 6.1 oz total. ...

In GEAR » Goosefeet down pants
February 14, 3:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.