BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 131 - 140 of 603 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...61

Forum » Thread

This works too!
On short hikes that I don't mind a little extra weight... nothing beats the real thing! I have often wondered about those dehydrated beers though... maybe he could send me some for a &qu...

In GEAR » Beer while backpacking
December 15, 11:53am

Re: for comparison
Keep in mind that the 4 oz listed for the FF socks is also split between 2 socks, so that is only 2 oz of down per sock, not 4 oz per sock. Also keep in mind, the GFG socks are actually customi...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Down Booties
December 15, 8:03am

ZPacks small pack cover
As has been noted, this is a personal preference. And yes, there is a lot of reading as far as pack liner vs pack cover's go. Fact is, they each have their own set of pro's & con's....

In GEAR » GG Kumo Pack Cover?
December 14, 12:15pm

4 g tabs
Go with 4 g tabs instead of 14 g tabs. It is even easier to sort out almost exactly how much fuel you need, so no need to burn a tab, then blow it out, then repackage it one way or another. Plus, I...

In GEAR » Esbit fuel question
December 09, 8:27pm

I don't always...
I don't always use canister stoves... but when I do I use a cheapo bottle opener to puncture the empty can when I am finished with it...

In GEAR » Two years, and I still have stupid questions.
November 27, 8:24am

Re: Payment Sent
Pack is sold to James, and is on the way!

In Gear Swap » FS: Yama Mtn Gear Cirriform SW Tent & ULA Circuit
November 25, 5:51pm

Re: Circuit
James, I got your PM and responded.

November 25, 2:51pm

ULA Circuit $160
Bump... ULA Circuit still available. Price dropped to $160.

November 24, 4:50pm

GFG down pants
I usually just stuff my GFG down pants, along with all my other down gear, right into my pack liner, however, there has been times that I also stuffed all of my down garments into one of the ZPacks...

In GEAR » Compresses down pants from GooseFeet Down?
November 23, 11:24am

6 stakes for the hexamid
I would just like to add that it is rare that I use all 10 stakes when setting up my Hexamid Solo plus. I really only use 6. And as others mentioned, it is very easy to set up.

In GEAR » Skyscape X floor dimensions
November 22, 7:27am

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.