BPL Community Profile

Mark Ryan (Sixguns01) - BPL Guest

My Locale Somewhere. Probably lost.
About Me Recreational Backpacker and Kayaker
My PDF Gear ListRyan's All-Purpose Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ryan

Showing 131 - 140 of 460 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...46

Forum » Thread

How Much?
Really depends on how much you want spend, and how much weight she will be carrying? I recommend Golite Jam or Pinnacle. She is small so I don't she will be carrying more than 20lbs. Both...

In GEAR » What Pack should i get?
March 03, 5:08am

The One
I like The One from Gossamer Gear. 17.2oz with seam seal and quite roomy when you're stuck in it. I am 5'10 and have no issues but some other height gifted people have reported problems. ...

In GEAR » help me pick a shelter
March 02, 6:27am

Re: "Best Camping Pillow?"
I use the Cocoon Hyperlite Pillow and LOVE it. I'm a stomach/side sleeper who is a bit restless and the pillow serves my needs. 2-3 puffs of air and you have a perfect pillow at 2.3oz. A lit...

In GEAR » Best Camping Pillow?
February 28, 6:38am

Gossamer Gear "The One" Question???
I have the 2008 version of the The One. I've noticed that with the 2009 version you do not have to stake out the tub. You only have to stake out the tarp/tent. Not sure if I'm using the ...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear "The One" Question???
February 27, 5:53pm

Backpacking in the Shawangunks???
I was looking to go Backpacking in the Gunks and wondering what the regulations are about camping. I've heard you can and I've heard you can't. Anyone with a definitive answer or what...

In GEAR » Backpacking in the Shawangunks???
February 26, 8:41am

Zpacks
Zpacks makes a shoulder strap water container made from Cuden Fiber. UL (.3oz) and not expensive. Only holds .5 liter bottles though. http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/shoulderpouch.shtml

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 22, 8:58am

Re: Carrying water on shoulder straps
I carry my 1-1.5 bottle in a sling attached to my side compressor straps. I picked it up at Campmor; it's called the Sokool Insulated Bottle Carrier. Weighs 4oz with bottle and sling. Useful...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 21, 6:08pm

Re: Need Nipples!!!
Just bootlegged my own. Took screw anchors for drywall which fit perfect into the tube. Then I unscrewed the screw a bit from the anchor. The screw heads fit perfect in my grommets. Only added ...

In GEAR » Need Nipples!!!
February 20, 8:54pm

Zem Gear
How much do the Zem's weigh? I was looking at ROUND TOE Lo size 11. Also what's the bottom like?

In GEAR » Has no one thought of this?
February 20, 8:48pm

Re: "How to get rid of cigarette smell from bivy sac?"
Mythhbusters had great success washing the smokey piece with vodka. Yes, Vodka. Even spraying it on helped. Weirder things have happened!

In GEAR » How to get rid of cigarette smell from bivy sac?
February 20, 4:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan has posted no reviews.