Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Pamela Wyant (RiverRunner) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pamela Wyant hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pamela Wyant has not added a biography yet.
StateWest Virginia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pamela Wyant

Showing 131 - 140 of 321 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: The Little things
Here are a few ideas I've had good luck with in reducing the little stuff. "Soap, Dr. Bronner’s, in .35 oz container from BPL; " Try one of the sweetbreath containers, and onl...

In Gear Lists » The Little things
October 21, 9:25pm

Re: Handi Wipes
I've used Handi Wipes with my kitchen set, but normally have to replace them every 2-3 trips. They seem to get holes pretty fast in my experience, even handwashing them. I find bandanas a l...

In Multiple Use Gear » bandanna/packtowel-whats best?
October 21, 8:34pm

Great advice so far
I don't have much useful to add, so I'll throw out something totally different just for fun - Get a bigger apartment. You'll eventually need it when the gear addition bug bites har...

In GEAR » Multi Climate Sleeping Bags
October 20, 11:51am

Re: modal
I've had a couple of modal shirts (not for hiking, just general wear). Never again. The least bit of sweat and they stay wet a long time. Plus they pilled badly.

In GEAR » Modal?
October 19, 10:27pm

RE: Economy & gear purchases
So far, I haven't personally been hurt by the economic collapse, but have been watching my gear purchases a bit more closely due to some family situations. I've actually got my gear kit di...

In GEAR » Economy & gear purchases
October 19, 9:46pm

re: mont-bell jacket
I have the U.L. Down Inner Parka (not jacket) and am extremely pleased with it. I also reviewed it for backpackgeartest.org. Durability is probably an individual decision. I don't wear min...

In GEAR » mont-bell jacket
October 09, 11:10am

Multi-use
Maybe you can make the silnylon bag multi-use and use it for bear-bagging food at night when you don't need it, or add some thin straps and use it for day hikes from basecamp if you do those t...

In GEAR » Help Storing Gossamer Gear Pads in Jam2
October 09, 11:01am

RE: Justify Alcohol Stove Total Weight
Lots of studies have been done that show for longer hikes without resupply the canister stove becomes more efficient. The catch might be those hikes where one canister isn't enough, but only a...

In GEAR » Justify Alcohol Stove Total Weight?
October 04, 2:39pm

Nice setup
Nice, but what's up with that 'heavy' spoon. No holes in the handle or anything? You know a taco bell spork with 1/2 the handle cut off is much lighter! ;^) Tee hee.

In GEAR » ULTRALITE SICKNESS
September 27, 7:52pm

Re: Costs, benefits
>Just as a consideration, if you wanted to make a 20 degree quilt w/850 FP down, current cost just for the down (at ~15 ounces, rounded up) is $125. Material such as Momentum, at ~14/yard, using...

In GEAR » Quilt cost - I don't get it.......
September 27, 2:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Pamela Wyant

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas, and it has quickly become my favorite light. For it's weight it's amazingly bright. I used it to night hike a half mile or so last weekend. Th...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 05, 1:35am