BPL Community Profile

J R (RavenUL) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale J R hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J R has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J R

Showing 131 - 140 of 421 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
Is anyone really surprised? Seems like par for the BPL course. But keep the faith because eventually someone from "staff" will finally lower themselvs to respond to the little peoples clamo...

In GEAR » Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
September 25, 9:30am

Re: Re: Favorite Insulated Pants?
+1 on the thermowraps.

In GEAR » Favorite Insulated Pants?
September 21, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Rain Wrap
Well, making a "proper" tube sarong is really simple. Its literally only 1 seam as you can glue the hem - or just use a soldering iron to melt the hem as you cut it. Ive made several rain kilt/s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a rain kilt/skirt?
September 18, 4:20pm

Re: Re: 100 weight fleece examples
"With only moderate activity it is good for about 50F used with your light water resistant jacket." this is a pretty subjective statement. At 50F and moderate activity, I personally am wearin...

In GEAR » 100 weight fleece examples
September 17, 3:24pm

Re: Re: Re: re Pnuemo gear 'dead' air space
http://web.archive.org/web/20011216184206/http://pneugear.com/insideimage.jpg Grrrr... I hate this utterly inelegant, feature devoid, half-baked message board software. Anyway... the above UR...

In GEAR » "new insulation idea"
September 17, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Re: re Pnuemo gear 'dead' air space
Not that heavy, for extreme cold. And not that expensive either. Lets assume 8lbs, for the cocoon. Rated to -45degree. Lets assume $1000 pricetag. Compair that with: Exped Down Air Mat 9 (...

September 17, 11:32am

Re: Re: Pnuemo gear 'dead' air space
If someone could make one for about $700, and maybe drop the weight to 5 or 6lbs, I would DEFINATLY be interested in buying one for cold weather use.

September 16, 10:20pm

Re: re Pnuemo gear 'dead' air space
You just shooting from the hip Roger? It seems you missed that it IS in fact down filled. Top and bottom. Its hard to see in the illustration with all of the features listed, as the pic is kinda gr...

September 16, 4:52pm

roll up pants.
"I'm becoming much more of the mind to have UL pants that are large enough in the leg to roll up and have button tabs just like many shirts do on the sleeves. I've rolled mine up to just below my k...

In GEAR » UL Shorts w/ Pockets
September 15, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Pneugear Cocoon
the impression I get is that the top and bottom are zippered together. so, while the top and bottom are vapor impermeable, the zipper section can be opened or closed as appropriate for conditions. ...

September 15, 12:59am

All Reader Reviews by J R

J R has posted no reviews.