Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 131 - 140 of 571 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...58

Forum » Thread

i was thinking hooded helios too or how about
the brooks range alpini on close-out at rei if they have your size.

In GEAR » Down hooded jackets
October 16, 10:12am

i've got the evo ascents also, and i can’t find any reason to go out and replace them
they are bullet-proof and get the job done. in washington/cascades you're not getting the really fluffy white stuff so it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't really need the tails. i do...

In GEAR » snowshoe advice, please
October 15, 10:38pm

i've carried a chernobyl
and it's a very nice carrying pack with the features you need without much extra. the +/- is that it's not a small, 30l pack and if you're not careful, the weight you're carrying w...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Good dependable pack
October 15, 9:44pm

for a failsafe pack look to
cilogear, cold cold world and wild things (maybe). i've carried all three (in various volumes), and each would be up to the task, but i am partial to cilogear because of the removable frame pa...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Good dependable pack
October 15, 10:53am

it depends on your camping style
i tend to go out when it's cold (<20*f daytime), fairly light, for 2 or 3 days and typically no more than 5. for me, sleeping clothes are some combination of everything i've been weari...

In GEAR » Sleeping clothes
October 09, 12:56pm

"Probably it would cover everything from -10° to 15°."
i love my antelope. i have no problem with the bag in that range. the only reason i'd go with a 20* bag is to go lighter on bag weigth and push it colder, paired with the right clothing. the...

In GEAR » Help Me Decide!
October 04, 12:46pm

if plato was shopping for a tent
i'm thinking the mld duomid could be the way he'd go. simple, low key and would blend with his aesthetic.

In GEAR » Lightest full featured tent?
October 01, 4:11pm

got it - more in line with a parka, not jacket
my volant comes down below my waist (xl and i'm 6'2"), but you won't get full butt-coverage.

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 01, 10:29am

take a look at the feathered friends volant
the spec's come pretty close to what you are looking for: http://featheredfriends.com/volant-down-jacket.html shell material is light, but not so light that you have to be overly protec...

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 01, 8:13am

one of the rules of international travel
don’t interfere intentionally or otherwise with the locals who are trying to make a living with a further caveat that if confronted, discretion is the better part of valor. incidents like this h...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck and Sherpas
September 27, 12:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.