BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 131 - 140 of 468 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...47

Forum » Thread

Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
Here is the situation. I have two wonderful backpacks I use for all my backpacking/camping needs that I am quite happy with, a custom Zpacks Zero (small, hybrid Cuben) and a MLD Exodus--though I m...

In GEAR » Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
June 09, 6:13am

Two more section reports
Took a little longer than a week, but such is my chaotic life ;) Stages 14 and 13 are up with 42 more pics total: http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2013/06/cesars-guide-to-bohusleden-stage-...

In Post-Trip Reports » More of Sweden's Bohusleden
June 08, 7:59am

Re: Re: military surplus
I agree with Ken, and this is coming from an Army Brat. There is also the added issue of rookie pride. When I was 15 and first started going backpacking, my father gave me his old ALICE pack. ...

In GEAR » Cheapest Ultralight Gear List?
May 27, 3:36pm

Re: Re: More of Sweden's Bohusleden
Thanks Tom, I am glad you enjoyed them. Stockholm is a nice place, but I prefer other cities like Gothenburg. It's a pretty big country, with lots to see and do as a backpacker (both urban an...

May 27, 12:22pm

Re: Cheapest Ultralight Gear List?
If it is warm out, and there are trail shelters you can use, then you can really go cheap as a rookie UL backpacker. For example: Shelter - None (sleep in trail and/or natural shelters [like ...

In GEAR » Cheapest Ultralight Gear List?
May 27, 12:18pm

Re: Wood fires
Ber - Thank you for your kind words! Much appreciated, especially from a physician. I think you provide an excellent summary of the consequences. For the past three years I have gone out into th...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 22, 12:26pm

Got another one done today
I'm on a roll :) I also decided to change up the colors and such to match a more springtime/early summertime feel. Stage 15: http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2013/05/cesars-guide-to-bo...

May 22, 12:09pm

Some replies
Andrew - Thank you for looking into the source material and confirming that Harris is building his case using solid science. We may have to disagree about him sensationalizing it, which is rather ...

May 22, 2:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Case Against Wood Fires
Paul - Not quite. You are smuggling in a counter-claim, which is that the science that Harris is citing is "questionable." You will need to demonstrate this for your point to follow, i....

May 21, 10:44am

Re: Re: The Case Against Wood Fires
Paul - Just to be clear, I didn't make any bold statements. The portion of text you quoted is from a large quote used of Harris. So it's his statement, and I would forward that it is not ...

May 21, 7:53am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.