BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 131 - 140 of 414 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...42

Forum » Thread

Good question
A much needed discussion, thanks to the author of the OP for starting it. I am a very critical consumer, and this is no different with backpacking gear. I try and do a fair amount of research bef...

In Philosophy & Technique » What are your guidelines for buying gear?
March 05, 3:28am

Re: Ground insulation.
Good question, I should have included this info in the OP, sorry about that. I have been using a double ground cover that is just a piece of space blanket duct taped onto a garbage bag. After g...

In Make Your Own Gear » More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
March 02, 5:58am

Hmm... a tempting alternative
This is what I was talking about in my last post, in case anyone is curious or does not know what these are: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekmates-Absorba-Balls-Moisture-Absorber/dp/B001690WHA It...

March 02, 5:26am

Great start :)
Theodor, first of all congrats on a great start. The first time I weighed all my gear and posted for all to see (you are welcome to dig this up in my profile) it was much, much heavier. I came fr...

In Gear Lists » First lightweight kit - some feedback wanted
March 02, 5:06am

Re: Re: More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
Nick - The foot box is where I get the most condensation, and while the foot box is closer to the end of my tarp, I have not ever had severe spray for one. Next, this is only a 3cm x 20cm (or so, ...

March 02, 4:43am

Re: weights
Kenyan runners have also probably not seen Cuben tarps or down sleeping bags either ;) Also, I would rather be able to lift around my kids, my urban backpack full of library books and my laptop,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
March 02, 4:22am

Re: James
I am no scientist or anything, but how much will the temperature really be affected? The breathable fabric will still provide some insulation, but allow water vapor to escape the foot box. Plus i...

March 01, 1:39pm

Re: No bivvy?
Yeah, you have a point there. Though I get very little, if any, condensation on my tarp (Zpacks Hex solo). But from what I have gathered, my one bivy (Borah Cuben 135g w/stuff sack, which I will ...

March 01, 10:54am

Re: James and Mike
James - Thanks for the input. You make a good point about the whole wicking aspect of some nylon types. Makes me wish I had a synthetic base layer around that I didn't need that I could cut u...

March 01, 10:38am

More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
I started another thread about a planned bivy mod I am about to do, which you can read here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=...

March 01, 7:08am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.