BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 131 - 140 of 248 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Costs
Barry, et al, The JRB Summer Special of no shipping on purcases over $150 did end on labor day, after being available for 75 days....glad that you and many others benefited from it. As to pri...

In GEAR » No Sniveler or MLD XP quilt?
September 12, 8:57am

winter quilt models
Mike, Yes, JRB winter quilts do well into the 10-15 * range... winter models are the Old Rag Mtn, Winter Nest, and the Rocky Mtn Sniveller. The Mt Washington is a zero * quilt. Pan

In GEAR » No Sniveler or MLD XP quilt?
September 12, 8:33am

Hammocks are multipurpose
Hammocks are multi purpose as a camp chair and/or lounger as well as bed....Besides comfort you stay a lot cleaner, get less bug bites....With practice you can master a quick set up in under 90 sec...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinventing... the chair
July 03, 7:51pm

Report addition
Tom, Nice report ... thanks for posting. The Jacks 'R' Better,LLC Hammock Hut is the first fully enclosed hammock shelter commercially available.... It Stands 5 foot tall, has a 10-3 ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 2008 Trail days in Damascus
May 20, 11:15am

JRB Sizing
Phil, Franco has it mostly right.... Forming the foot box will take up 6-8 inches of length.... Also, the forming of the shoulder pockets and having suficient length to reach the ground beyound ...

In GEAR » JRB no sniveller sizing
May 11, 8:35pm

Down botties
Another vote for down....Nothing beats down booties or socks for cold feet....even a jacket or sleeves is a great plus when used for cold feet. Pan

In GEAR » Warmest socks for always cold feet
April 01, 6:02pm

Really big quilts for two
Allison, We normally recommend that each hiker carry basic protection at all time.... IMHO the best sleep system for two is two separate quilts with full side omni tape modification.... When jo...

In GEAR » Best sleeping options for Couples
April 01, 5:51pm

Moo Goo
Yep.... It is great.... used it off and on for the last 5 years....it travels well.... easy in squeeze tube if it is above freezing...Be sure to use corn flour and not corn meal. Pan

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
March 24, 5:58pm

Winter hammocking
First, those who go to ground for the Winter are missing some of the best most comfortable hanging time.... It is as easy to be warm in the air as on the ground, properly equiped. Second Winter ...

In Philosophy & Technique » advice for winter hammocking
March 20, 2:52pm

Best way to carry meltable chocolate
At the jungle warfare school in Panama years ago we learned to pack Snicker bars in the center of our poncho liners.... It worked too... So pack your candy in the middle of your sleeping bag... the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How do you keep chocolate cold during your hike?
March 14, 8:06am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm