Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 131 - 140 of 251 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

Dual quilts
FWIW, alternatively, JRB's Family of Large Quilts work well for two as quilts or married into double bags. Also top quality and reasonable. Remember I'm biased. Pan

In Gear Swap » WTB : sleeping bag / quilt for two
October 24, 8:01am

Taking up the stretch
You can achieve taut stability thru the rain/dew stretch of silnyl by using Self Tensioning Lines.... Might be a nice addition.... Pair of JRB STL for example is 22 grams and that is with 9.5 ft of...

In Editor's Roundtable » Six Moon Designs Refuge/Refuge X Tent Review
October 15, 7:34am

Darn press leaks
Darn press leaked the future look.... Your right... it does make the green look good...Altough the model is a definate improvement.... :-) BTW, New JRB winter UQs, Mt Washington and Winter Nest ...

In Chaff » Looks like Jacks R' Better quilts are this year's fall fashion.
October 07, 5:32pm

Costs
Barry, et al, The JRB Summer Special of no shipping on purcases over $150 did end on labor day, after being available for 75 days....glad that you and many others benefited from it. As to pri...

In GEAR » No Sniveler or MLD XP quilt?
September 12, 8:57am

winter quilt models
Mike, Yes, JRB winter quilts do well into the 10-15 * range... winter models are the Old Rag Mtn, Winter Nest, and the Rocky Mtn Sniveller. The Mt Washington is a zero * quilt. Pan

In GEAR » No Sniveler or MLD XP quilt?
September 12, 8:33am

Hammocks are multipurpose
Hammocks are multi purpose as a camp chair and/or lounger as well as bed....Besides comfort you stay a lot cleaner, get less bug bites....With practice you can master a quick set up in under 90 sec...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinventing... the chair
July 03, 7:51pm

Report addition
Tom, Nice report ... thanks for posting. The Jacks 'R' Better,LLC Hammock Hut is the first fully enclosed hammock shelter commercially available.... It Stands 5 foot tall, has a 10-3 ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 2008 Trail days in Damascus
May 20, 11:15am

JRB Sizing
Phil, Franco has it mostly right.... Forming the foot box will take up 6-8 inches of length.... Also, the forming of the shoulder pockets and having suficient length to reach the ground beyound ...

In GEAR » JRB no sniveller sizing
May 11, 8:35pm

Down botties
Another vote for down....Nothing beats down booties or socks for cold feet....even a jacket or sleeves is a great plus when used for cold feet. Pan

In GEAR » Warmest socks for always cold feet
April 01, 6:02pm

Really big quilts for two
Allison, We normally recommend that each hiker carry basic protection at all time.... IMHO the best sleep system for two is two separate quilts with full side omni tape modification.... When jo...

In GEAR » Best sleeping options for Couples
April 01, 5:51pm

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm