Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Pendrey (Pendrey) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale California
About Me I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my wife and two children. I have hiked and backpacked throughout the state and beyond. Favorite trips I've taken include thru-hikes of the John Muir Trail, High Sierra Trail, and Tahoe Rim Trail.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Pendrey

Showing 131 - 140 of 166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: East Shorline Trail-Ohlone - Mt Diablo
Nate: It was nice to run into you on your way up Mt. Diablo. It's a good time of year to hike Ohlone and Mt. Diablo. I've been hiking the Mt. Diablo area quite a bit over the last few we...

In Post-Trip Reports » East Shoreline Trail and Ohlone Trail
April 12, 9:39pm

Re: Advice for High Sierra Trail
Ryan: I hiked it in Sept. 2007 and I ran into people hiking without a bear can and using only campsites that had boxes, but I don't know if they were supposed to do it that way. There are qui...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Advice for High Sierra Trail
April 08, 6:22pm

Friday
Sorry I started this whole Friday thing. Just want to make clear what I was saying. I understood the trip to be a one-night trip starting Saturday. However, I have Friday off work so was thinkin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rancheria Falls Trip in April
March 31, 7:47pm

going Friday also
Ken: I'm still planning on going on the Rancheria trip. I may go up early enough to hike in Friday and stay two nights up at the falls, but if not, I'll be up no later than Friday night.

March 30, 10:30pm

books on the trail
I always bring a paperback on the trail with good intentions, but always end up reading much less than I had planned. I guess I end up too tired or just enjoy being out there more than in my head....

In Philosophy & Technique » The Eleventh Essential: Literary Companionship on the Trail?
March 23, 10:16pm

Re: Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter - Recommend?
Kent: I haven't used the Katadyn, so I don't have any way to compare. It does take some getting used to sucking the water through, but overall I like the system. One other thing: When y...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter - Recommend?
March 15, 12:25pm

Re: Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter - Recommend?
I got a Frontier Pro last year and used it on a 5 day hike in the Northern Sierra. I like the Frontier Pro as part of a kit that also includes Aqua Mira chemical treatment bottled in a mini BPL dr...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Water Filter - Recommend?
March 14, 9:03pm

bivies
I just started using a bivy a year ago, and I really like it. As Tony mentioned, and others echoed, the main benefit is the quality of your wilderness experience (and the versatility a bivy / tarp...

In GEAR » Looking for people's Bivy experience
March 13, 8:58am

I'm in
Ken: Got your PM. I'm in. Jeremy.

March 09, 9:58pm

Re: BPL Thorofare pants
Mark: The pants are yours. I responded to your pm.

In Gear Swap » FS: new BPL Thorofare pants (m)
March 07, 9:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Pendrey

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I have taken the FS Exodus on 2 trips this summer with very different circumstances. Both left me very happy with the FS. First, in July, I hiked 130 miles along the PCT in the Sierra. For this t...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 27, 8:02pm

Vivo Barefoot Breatho Trail
NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS FOR MINIMALIST SHOE WEARING HIKERS. ONLY CONSIDER THESE SHOES FOR BACKPACKING IF YOU WEAR BAREFOOT/MINIMALIST SHOES FULL TIME ALL THE TIME (NOT JUST HIKING) Wore a new pair o...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 30, 7:53pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
I have to add my two cents about MLD's service. Early this summer I damaged the bottom of my Exodus pack. The damage was completely my fault (sliding down granite). I wrote Ron and asked if he ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 17, 10:00pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus
The Exodus is the new 2009 version of the MLD Zip pack. So far, I have taken it on 2 overnight trips and one 9 day trip. This is my first frameless pack, so I can't compare to others, but the pa...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 26, 5:20pm

Nuun Active Hydration tabs
These are my new go-to electrolyte replacement solution. I used them in conjunction with Saltstick pills on a 9 day TRT thru-hike. Prior to that hike I had always had evening headaches and sometimes...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
July 26, 4:35pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Superlight
I agree with the first two reviewers that this is an excellent bivy to use with a tarp. It is extremely light (mine weighs in at 6 oz even not counting the stuff sack and cord that can be attached to...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 11, 9:17pm

Golite Ultra 20
I like this quilt but give it a 4 because the temperature rating is optimistic. I've used it once below freezing, and while I was fine, I had to layer up substantially. I used it on a mid-Septem...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 31, 2:21pm

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
There are other reviews on O.P. Saks/Aloksaks pertaining to the bear-can size and the food storage and protection issues those bags raise. This review concerns Aloksaks generally. The main problem w...

In Miscellaneous Products
June 21, 2:06pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These are love 'em or hate 'em chocolate bars. I love them, but my kids hate them because they don't taste like typcial store bought chocolate bars. The bars are organic and vegan, so do...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
June 21, 12:48pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
I highly recommend this hat for sun protection. This hat is light (M=2.5 oz on my scale) and provides full sun coverage due to the long back and wide brim, which allows you to carry much less sunbloc...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 21, 12:07pm