BPL Community Profile

Peter Surna (PedroArvy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Peter Surna has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://yart.com.au/pa/page.aspx

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter Surna

Showing 131 - 140 of 250 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Lets get serious
OK, I will attempt to answer the question. Here are some others offers on this site: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=12504 ...

In Gear Swap » Warmlite-Price TEST ONLY
October 21, 5:58am

?
Roger, Are you saying that if an ebay listing is advertised here then people send emails to someone@backpackinglight.com?

October 21, 4:10am

What's wrong with posting here or eBay?
What's wrong with posting here or eBay. As a buyer I would want to know if some wierd UL stuff is up for auction on eBay via this forum.

October 21, 1:06am

$100
I think it is worth $100. Those tents aren't very good. Now put it up at that price so I can buy it. See, it really is a stupid question.

October 20, 4:22pm

Real failures
Roger, As an ex-structural engineer I know that the dynamic application of a force increase failure by an order of magnitude or more. eg 0-2 kg applied by a variable wind could quite possibly...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tent Stake Holding Power: Comparative Evaluation of Various Designs and Lengths
October 15, 9:33pm

More on stakes
Will said: Petras, the main reason we are concerned about holding power is WIND. Sorry I didn't mention that in the article. It would be interesting to measure the actual pull on a tent stak...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tent Stake Holding Power: Comparative Evaluation of Various Designs and Lengths
October 15, 4:15pm

Not quite the bottom line
Although this article seemed interesting at first, it doesn’t seem to address the practical issues of stakes. I have never had a stake pull out, and why would they? The weakest stake in the te...

October 15, 12:44am

J Falk Compact Wood Stove
That stove looks most impressive. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN30_tG7S3A The Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove weighs 5.1 oz and costs 132.99 for members The J Falk Compact Wood Stove wei...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy vs. Littlbug Junior
October 09, 4:36pm

Straps
I own Leki Ultrlight Ti's and have owned these poles (the very first thinner incarnation which snapped on me after 2 weeks solid use). With the Leki, I always use the straps. With these p...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Lightrek 3 Trekking Pole Review
October 08, 8:27pm

Bivy experiences
I use a BMW bivy under a tarp for most of my hiking. Here are my experiences. At around 200 grams, the bivy provides a ground sheet, stops the wind chilling me in my quilt and provides spray pr...

In GEAR » Bivy Condensation ?
September 26, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter Surna

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
I am a side sleeper and have used the Prolite 3 and normally a 3/4 length Prolite 4 but find the NeoAir to be far more comfortable. If you blow up the NeoAir on a warm sunny day you will find that ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 05, 7:49pm

Titanuium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
Likes - I have the version with the mesh/fabric hood and use the bivy with the mesh over my face 99% of the time. This is much more comfortable and less claustrophobic than momentum fabric over my ...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
September 02, 8:44am

Stephenson 2R
It won’t fall down, it withstands high wind but there are too many usability issues with this tent to make it easy to use. Perhaps 10 years ago these tents were ahead of their time. Now they are n...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
October 22, 4:56pm

Six Moon Designs StarLite
I like the design of this pack but have issues over the quality and durability. On its second use, and with no real loads and no bush whacking, the mesh separated from its elastic on one of the sid...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 22, 12:09am

Feathered Friends Hummingbird, Epic outer
This bag has an Epic outer and a 0.85 inner with 2oz overfill. It weighs about 830 grams. Two of my friends have asked me to recommend bags to them and I have recommended WM Ultralights but someho...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 5:00am

Hilleberg Nallo 3GT 2005
I bought this tent in 2005 for really wet windy weather for 2 above the tree line. Pros: - Massive size for the weight of 2.75kg - Huge vestibule, I have never seen a bigger vestibule on a te...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 08, 4:28pm

Icebreaker Superfine 190
I second the above.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
September 06, 1:48am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
Pros: Lots of loft for the 400 grams of total weight. More than a WM Highlight for instance. Cons: Too narrow. Way too narrow to sleep in for me and I like sleeping bags people normally say are too...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 03, 6:17am