BPL Community Profile

Paul Wozniak (PaulW) - BPL Guest

My Locale Midwest
About Me Paul Wozniak has not added a biography yet.
StateMichigan
My PDF Gear List3 season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wozniak

Showing 131 - 140 of 254 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

Marmot Hydrogen 30 - Sizing
I have two questions re the Hydrogen 30 and need to decide fast. It's $203- out the door at REI. 20% discount ends 10/18. I've been salivating over the WM Megalite for it's combinat...

In GEAR » Marmot Hydrogen 30 - Sizing
October 09, 12:01pm

Manistee River Trail?"
Edwin, Thanks for the info on the water sources on the NCT section. I suspect few know that. Paul

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Manistee River Trail?
September 28, 1:22pm

Manistee River Trail
Ken's got it right. NCT on the west side of the river is dry, markedly less traveled and hilly. I think about 13 miles if memory serves. No views, a forest walk and more solitude. You'll...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Manistee River Trail?
September 25, 9:44am

osprey exos34 @mammoth gear $104
Thanks for the heads up. I pulled the trigger on this, size L. I find myself using my sons Osprey Atmos 35 as MY go to pack, so I've had my eye on the Exos for a while now. Right volume ...

In Gear Deals » osprey exos34 @mammoth gear $104
September 08, 6:45pm

Trekking pole..falling down
"All I am saying is in the years of using trekking poles my falling down has gone down maybe 95%?" Sarah, great point. On a 6-day wet and rugged trip someone in our group slipped, cau...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking poles - All in the Head?
June 10, 6:30am

Re: Reading glasses
Forgot to mention, they are the ones called Jett Pen Reader

In GEAR » Reading glasses
June 08, 12:32pm

Reading glasses
I need readers for small print and dim light but otherwise don't wear glasses. Readers can be a hassle and my usual solution is cheap-O's on a lanyard hanging around my neck, but this occa...

In GEAR » Reading glasses
June 08, 12:29pm

poncho vs rainsuit and packcover
Ditto Richard's comment; poncho in mild weather, rain jacket below 40F. I never use a packcover but use a trash compactor bag for dry clothes and sleep bag.

In GEAR » poncho vs rainsuit and packcover
April 30, 7:11am

Killarney, LaCloche trail advice
Chris, Steven has it right; 40 hours of hiking (not running). Trail distances are so individual but I will try to offer something to give you some perspective. Compared to the AT in Virgini...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Killarney, LaCloche trail advice
April 25, 7:16pm

Lightest Poncho?
At 5.5 oz the Integral Designs Silcoat Cape may not be the lightest but it is light. It's a small-ish poncho and to my mind just the right size if you have no intention of using it for shelter...

In GEAR » Lightest Poncho?
April 03, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wozniak

Paul Wozniak has posted no reviews.