BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 131 - 140 of 725 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...73

Forum » Thread

Timex Indiglo
Shorter, ethnic looking-guy with thick eye brows? Check!

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 11:14am

Timex Indiglo
Timex Indiglo. It tells the time. It tells the date. It glows in the dark. It is on my left wrist. Good for dead reckoning. And knowing when the post-trip happy hour is about to start.

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 10:45am

GPS
You do not need a GPS for the CDT. It can make things easier at times, but needed? No. I did the CDT just with a map and compass. Even in 2006, though, I was the minority. :) Still don...

In GEAR » GPS necessary for the CDT?
December 13, 6:31am

moths
Only reason I know is because I had a similar problem with a wool/acrylic blend polyester hat and some merino wool long johns last year. :O Experience is a great teacher but the tuition is high!...

In GEAR » Cause of Holes in Merino?
December 11, 7:43am

moths
Probably moths. http://voices.yahoo.com/are-bugs-eating-holes-clothes-clothes-moths-790141.html?cat=6 If the clothes were forgotten about last season, any residual salt from sweat definitely ...

In GEAR » Cause of Holes in Merino?
December 11, 6:51am

stupid light
Along with Nick's idea, here is the first type of flashlight I carried on my first backpacking trip. Seriously. :) Or did you mean something different??? ;)

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 04, 9:07pm

A conundrum
My own personal rule-of-thumb is that if the place is on-trail and popular trails to begin with, I will share logistics. But, as I found out the hard way, even if something is on-trail, people d...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sharing (Or Not) Locations and Logistics on the Web.
December 04, 7:40am

fleece
>.P.S. >>I thought the fleece v.s. shelled synthetic insulation debate was long ago settled in >>favor of shelled synthetic jackets. Mmm..not really IMO. :) I find if I weari...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 03, 6:24pm

Rockies and snow
For the most part, unless you are going deep into the backcountry, I would not worry too much about deep powder. The more popular snowshow trails are usually very packed down from the traffic. The...

In GEAR » It's that time of year...Snowshoes?
November 27, 8:32am

recycle fuel containers
You most definitely can recycle the isobutane canisters. Have to empty them first, then you can place them in your recycle bin. Check with your local municipality first, though! FWIW SnoPeak ...

In GEAR » Two years, and I still have stupid questions.
November 27, 8:11am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.