BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 131 - 140 of 326 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...33

Forum » Thread

speechless
well that was an extraordinary read. Just an amazing journey - thank you for sharing it with us! It is a trip I cannot even imagine tackling.

In Editor's Roundtable » Thru-Hiking Alaska’s Arctic: A 1,000 Mile Solo Traverse
October 30, 1:09pm

Thanks
I appreciate the helpful replies - particulary around a reasonably "error" cushion. As noted the worst case scenario is to add some more fuel. I'm looking forward to testing thi...

In GEAR » New to alcohol stoves - burn time questions
October 28, 1:51pm

New to alcohol stoves - burn time/fuel questions
So I picked up a used Evernew ti alcohol stove and ti cross stand to use with a trail designs aluminum windscreen and a Vargo 700ml ti pot on my next outing. Up to now I've been solely a can...

In GEAR » New to alcohol stoves - burn time questions
October 28, 8:29am

Nalgene
I guess you could even hang a Nalgene or two if you really needed to - it is an interesting thought and one I hadn't considered. I'm also guessing the relative weight of that solution wo...

In GEAR » Does slick Spectra bear bag line deter rodents climbing down it?
October 22, 9:24am

An interesting turn
No question flashlights/headlamps like a lot of things can be a field of very deep rabbit holes. For what it's worth PT is not alone in posting "optimistic" numbers about their light...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 22, 9:17am

LVD
Agreed on the low voltage disconnect - I do run my H31 on protected RCR123s so while the cell has protection I appreciate the light shutting down before I risk cell damage (or worse)... The ZL ...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 21, 3:17pm

Runtimes
Just a note - unless PT has a technological advance of mammoth proportions that 110 hours on the main LED is not regulated light - it suggests that it may still be producing some light but certainl...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 21, 2:23pm

Interesting
Yep - raccoons, mice and squirrels are the main culprits on the trips I go on with my sons scout troop. We tend to use somewhat established campsites when backpacking ... i.e. mini bears know food...

In GEAR » Does slick Spectra bear bag line deter rodents climbing down it?
October 21, 9:30am

Cytomax
Is a plastic tub like the cytomax or other supplement (protein, etc..) sufficient to ward off raccoons and squirrels and rats and mice? Bigger problem around the sites we generally visit with sc...

In Gear Lists » Favorite gear from recent Pt. Reyes hike.
October 18, 1:53pm

Two is one
Anathema on BPL I know - but one Candlepowerforums mantra is two is one and one is none... My zebralight has been flawless and I've never worried about it in the field. I know there have b...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 16, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.