BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 131 - 140 of 290 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

Hmmm
I couldn't say. I'm a total newbie - just started camping for the first time in my life when my son joined cub scouts - and backpacking for the first time since he crossed over to Boy Scou...

In GEAR » How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
August 20, 9:31am

Surefire Saint Minimus/Zebralight H31w first impressions
First a disclaimer - I'm a bit of a flashaholic so I tend to take the opportunity when in the woods (and lots of darkness) to try out different lights and configurations. The vast majority of ...

In GEAR » Surefire Saint Minimus/Zebralight H31w first impressions
August 20, 9:23am

tough issue
The one problem I've had is IT band related to my running attempts. I've since taken up cycling and while you can get IT band problems cycling it is relatively less frequent and in my case...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » recovery from IT band pain? JMT in 1 week...
August 15, 9:50am

My first thought
Was chupacabra - but I'd guess raccoon...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Please help me Identify the culprit of this poo in my bowl outide of my tent
August 13, 8:13pm

saint
I'll take it. Pm sent

In Gear Swap » Fs: Surefire saint minimus headlamp
August 03, 4:16am

Interested
Does it include the red filter? Also your PM is not setup - you need to add an email address...

In Gear Swap » Fs: Surefire saint minimus headlamp
August 02, 3:57pm

Yikes
good googley moogley. That looks just awful. Really don't like mosquitos. A plague.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » North Slope Mosquito swarms: The worst of the worst?
July 30, 2:42pm

A few thoughts
I have a SP Gigapower; Coleman F1 Ultralight and SP Litemax (sort of have a thing with stoves...). All of them work well, are small, and are relatively quiet compared to the only whitegas stove I ...

In GEAR » canister stoves
July 22, 1:07pm

Re: Number 1 suggestion
this is an interesting point. I need to learn more about the programs ... my first reaction to Philmont learning a bit about it this year with our Troop and reading things here was that I think I ...

In Philmont » WHAT ARE YOUR "BIG 5" SUGGESTIONS?
June 26, 2:19pm

Good arguments
but I'm not swayed... living in the SE I am more compelled by these helpful site mates...

In GEAR » Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
June 19, 3:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.