BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 131 - 140 of 336 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...34

Forum » Thread

Helpful
Zorg - helpful comments and the answer is not planning on getting any of it on my hands or certainly very little (a drop or smear) - and nope don't cook in my tent (thankfully even in inclement...

In GEAR » Safest alcohol for stoves - US perspective
November 07, 9:00am

Luxury items
Let me clarify - I'd take my Kindle (normally don't) and probably an Alite Monarch chair to stay off the ground which I don't always take if conditions are dryer...

In GEAR » Shelter choices and projected forecast - strategy changes?
November 07, 8:04am

Shelter choices and projected forecast - strategy changes?
We have a trip planned next weekend with a pretty significant climb component going in - which places a premium on taking the lightest options. However, at least right now the long range forecast ...

In GEAR » Shelter choices and projected forecast - strategy changes?
November 07, 7:46am

Consistency
As a new user one of the puzzling components as Roger points out is the mystery involved in many of these blends... and a lot of discussions about the effectiveness and in some cases problems (some...

November 07, 7:40am

Great discussion
I need a nice little stainless copper bottom Revereware pot to cook on! Those copper disc and clad bottom pans still rule... Not really lightweight and my backcountry cooking is pretty rudiment...

In Gear Deals » Montbell pots
November 06, 3:59pm

NC ABC
Javan - thanks for the heads up on NC ABC stores... If I recall they are regulated by the State but ultimately each county board is somewhat autonomous... i'd be happy if Mecklenburg would stil...

November 06, 11:15am

Re: Run to the Border!!
My in-laws live off 521 in the Palmetto state - so I do visit Southern Spirits from time to time for not other reason than selection and price... but I appreciate confirmation that the good stuff i...

November 06, 11:12am

Safest alcohol for stoves - US perspective
I just got my first alcohol stove and I've read some of the really great articles here and on other sites on the various efficiencies and science behind the different fuel choices with pros and...

November 06, 8:35am

Great advice
Some great points. Our Troop is very active - trip a month rain or shine - probably 2/3 backpacking and 1/3 drive up of some sort (usually activity based like canoing, fishing, kayaking, beach etc...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Unit is fairly new to BPing (and certainly BPing light): looking for feedback
November 05, 12:06pm

awesome post
I suppose I'm fortunate on one level that I started backpacking at the same time as my son - when he crossed over to Boy Scouts. At age 11 he's carrying his own stuff... and developing a t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » K-SUL: A Primer for Ultralight Hiking with Kids
November 05, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.