BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 131 - 140 of 699 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...70

Forum » Thread

Movable Linelocs
@ Daniel Your first idea should work fine. I've used the line locs sold from Zpacks that have grosgrain loops attached to them to replace guyline tensioners on a couple of different shelter...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about movable line-locs on tarp tie outs
April 24, 1:47pm

Favorite Gear Blog
I tend to come here to BPL for most of my "gear" needs; the articles published by BPL tend to be high quality, if a bit infrequent and there's usually more than enough good info avail...

In GEAR » Favorite Gear Blog
April 23, 3:33pm

Leaving today for the CDT!
Congrats Peter! Have an awesome, memorable adventure.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leaving today for the CDT!
April 18, 1:03pm

End of April in CA... Where do I go?
Lots of options in Los Padres... In the Big Sur area, on the coastal side, you've got trails like the Pine Ridge Trail, the trail(s) out of Botchers Gap, trails from Salmon Creek Station, tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » End of April in California... Where do I go?
April 17, 6:57pm

Quick food hanging question
@ Justin, I use the PCT method for all of my trips in Los Padres. Like others have said, it's important to not only ensure adequate distance between the ground and your food bag (at least 12&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quick food hanging question.
April 16, 5:05pm

Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks?
No personal experience with netting floors or bug skirts but I've heard it reported by others with sod/bug skirts made of netting sewn around the perimeter of shelters that the netting becomes ...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 16, 4:41pm

lower body clothing system
I have way more options than I care to admit, but the set-up I use most frequently is a pair of wicking boxer briefs with a thin, light pair of running shorts (liner removed) over them. For insula...

In GEAR » Lower Body Clothing System
April 15, 6:42pm

Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
I think you'll be quite happy with your choice. I recently received my EE Prodigy 50 from Tim with the 10d inner and outer fabrics. I was shocked at how small and light the package was when...

In GEAR » Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
April 15, 11:16am

Swappin' Out My Shorts
I apply a little bodyglide down there. Also, like others said, cutting out the liner and instead using a pair of wicking boxer briefs can work well.

In GEAR » Swappin' Out My Shorts
April 04, 9:12am

synthetic over-quilt
I recently purchased a 50* Synthetic quilt from EE for these same purposes. It arrived a couple of weeks ago but our (rare) cold winter storms are already done until next winter, so I won't ge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Challenging weather- how would you handle this situation?
April 03, 3:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.