BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 131 - 140 of 685 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...69

Forum » Thread

3 Passes Route, Arthurs Pass, New Zealand
Wow! What a classic read! I've poked around Arthur's Pass for a couple of days about 10 years ago. Really enjoyed the area and always wanted to get back to give the place some more tim...

In Post-Trip Reports » 3 Passes (extended version) Route, Arthurs Pass, New Zealand
April 02, 11:51am

Glacier Divide Loop
Great trip report Andy! Looks like a real adventure, especially going for it solo. Glad it was your pole breaking and not a leg... How were temps and snow conditions? I was hoping to get up...

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier Divide Loop ~ Piute Pass, Alpine Col, Lamarck Col
April 02, 10:34am

Short Weekend Trips from the Bay Area with a Dog
Like Justin said... generally most of the National Forests allow dogs. So while it's a little bit more of a drive, that means you've got options like Los Padres NF to the south (from Big...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Short Weekend Trips from the Bay Area with A Dog
March 25, 3:27pm

Ibex Hoody vs Cap 4 Hoody
My strictly non-scientific findings are that the Cap 4 is warmer. I own both pieces and have hiked in both. I've typically used either piece as a thin midlayer rather than a base layer (my ...

In GEAR » Ibex Hooded Indie or Capilene 4 Expedition Weight 1/4 Zip Hooded Top
March 25, 10:11am

Modified Kovea Spider
Looks like a clever set up. Would live to hear how it works out.

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Kovea Spider
March 25, 9:54am

UL Bike Gear
If you haven't already, check out www.bikepacking.net It's sorta' like the BPL for bikepacking trips...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Thinking about making/selling UL bike gear...
March 21, 12:42pm

WTB or WTT Katabatic Wide Quilts
This is probably a long shot, but here goes... I've got two Katabatic quilts from 2010, a 6' Palisade and a 6' Sawatch. Both are in excellent condition and are among my favorite pie...

In Gear Swap » WTB or WTT Katabatic Wide Quilts
March 20, 11:50am

Who bushwhacks? Why?
A lot of my hiking in my local backcountry involves some amount of bushwhacking... sometimes the entire trip. I live in an area dominated by chaparral. We've got lots of tough, scratchy, th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who bushwhacks? Why?
March 20, 10:38am

Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
Awesome. Looks like a ton of fun and some amazing scenery. This TR doesn't help my internal struggle to hold off on getting a packraft...

In Post-Trip Reports » Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
March 20, 9:16am

Lets see you GEAR ROOMS!!
I don't have photos handy at the moment, but my situation sounds similar to others... With the exception of clothes and sleeping bags which can be hung in the extra closets or folded away i...

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
March 13, 12:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.