Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 131 - 140 of 719 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...72

Forum » Thread

Southern Los Padres
If you can stand the heat and dryness on the hikes in/out, you can find water year round at a handful of camps and along a handful of trails in the southern Los Padres. May just have to put up wit...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Any thoughts on backpacking trips in So Cal that have water this time of year. Los Padres and Sespe Wilderness???
May 26, 8:26pm

Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
One word... Genius!!!

In GEAR » Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
May 25, 10:32pm

Wind shirt as rain jacket?
Like the others said, for any sustained, even light, rain, the windjacket won't keep you dry long. It can shed a light mist or short drizzle but eventually the jacket will start to wet out. ...

In GEAR » Wind shirt as rain jacket?
May 24, 11:29am

The Case Against Wood Fires
Statistics show that absolutely 100% of people who sit near a campfire or breathe in smoke from another's campfire will eventually die. In all seriousness though, outside of those segments o...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 22, 7:01pm

Mountain SUL Backpacking
Thanks for taking the time to put together this series. I'll be interested in seeing what comes out of it. Interestingly, your M-SUL distinction is very similar to the line of thinking behi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 08, 1:46pm

Taco Tuesday Bump
Katabatic Sawatch Quilt SOLD. Full disclosure: My only reason for selling this quilt is to replace it with the wide version of the same quilt. It really is the nicest and most well-made quil...

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch Quilt & Golite Adrenaline 20 Sleeping Bag
May 07, 12:38pm

First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
Great photos; looks like a real treat to be out there in the early season. I passed through that area for the first time late last September. Looking forward to getting back and spending some m...

In Post-Trip Reports » First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
May 07, 9:21am

Tenacious Tape
I've used it to patch small tears in a pair of wind pants, a down jacket shell and the bottom panel of a pack. All repairs were done a couple years ago and the tape is still holding up fine th...

In GEAR » Tenacious Tape.
May 05, 1:22pm

Weekend bump for katabatic quilt
Katabatic Quilt is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch Quilt & Golite Adrenaline 20 Sleeping Bag
May 05, 10:15am

PMs replied
Hi David, I've replied to your PM; please let me know you received it. I seem to be having trouble with my PMs at the moment; I can receive them but I've gotten word that others aren...

May 03, 5:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.