Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 131 - 140 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: Way to waterproof a zipper?
Sumi, You might give the clear variety of Permatex Flowable Windshield and Glass Sealer a try. $5.00 at Advance Auto Parts. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_...

In Make Your Own Gear » Way to waterproof a zipper?
February 11, 11:26am

D.O.T. Approved High Traffic Area ? ;-)
@RvP, Semi ultralight version. Note the lack of superfluous lumber, reflective tape for night visits by headlamp, high traction non-slip footrests and Mike Clelland approved paperless hy...

In Chaff » Men's Fairy Tale
February 11, 4:41am

Re: tent weights...
Thanks Michael Party On, Newton

In Gear Swap » FS-Sierra Designs Origami 2 UL tarp & Light Year 1 tent
February 08, 11:34am

Re: FS-Sierra Designs Origami 2 UL tarp & Light Year 1 tent
Michael, If a trekking pole is used instead of the SD pole, what is there in the manner of hardware in the peak of the tarp to accept the point (tip) of the trekking pole? Party On, Newton

February 08, 10:22am

Re: FS-Sierra Designs Origami 2 UL tarp & Light Year 1 tent
Michael, What type of sealant did you use to seam seal the Origami? Party On, Newton

February 08, 10:11am

Re: Neosporin
Hi Max, I too carry Neo in my FAK. It's in what is referred to as "single use" packs. They are little sealed foil envelopes of Neo that I cannot find anywhere anymore in my area. ...

In GEAR » What do you carry for First Aid?
February 07, 11:48am

Re: It ain't quite that easy, Young Lady
And then there's the flip side of being an old fart, not being able to trust one! L O L Party On, Newton

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ensure Shakes any good
February 06, 7:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Feeding port??
Tom, My bad. I should have known from Sarah's reply. :-0 Watch for the disappearing post as soon as I can edit my other post. At my age the brain cells have to run towards each other j...

February 05, 5:17pm

Re: Feeding port??
Tom, My wife just told me that she was putting the last of the Ensure into our pantry as I type this edit. ROTFLMAO Ain't it funny how things just happen with perfect timing? Party On,...

February 05, 5:09pm

Re: custom lid made from a snuff can top
Hi Bob, The snuff can lids are too small for cook pot lids but... Do you take clip-ons or pierced? ;-) Party On, Newton

In GEAR » Beer Gear ;-)
February 04, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm