BPL Community Profile

Craig Burton (MissingUtah) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me Craig Burton has not added a biography yet.
CityCharlotte
StateNC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List7 Days / 6 Nights summer in the Smokies

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig Burton

Showing 131 - 140 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Smoky Mountain summer sub-10
Hey Wes, you make a keen observation there; and you are certainly correct that the calorie content is low, and there are few areas outside of the Smokies (particularly in the summer) that I would r...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
July 15, 3:22pm

Smoky Mountain summer sub-10
Here is my sub-10 list for the Smokies -- the food is for 7 days/6nights; and you'd be hard-pressed to find me carrying anymore than 20oz of water in the Smokies, but I kept my gearlist on the ...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
July 13, 11:25am

Just ordered an Exodus
For what its worth; the same situation happened to me (half-full pack loads -- I can thank Glen's The One for that) and I put in an order for an MLD Exodus just yesterday. I love the GG packs,...

In GEAR » What backpack should I downsize to?
July 10, 7:04pm

What about Sweetwater on its own?
Lately I have just been using the Sweetwater purifier on its own. Is this useless for the particular purifier since the filtration is part of the two-step process? I don't like to use a fil...

In GEAR » Army:"Micropur and Sweetwater best"
May 14, 9:41am

Also switched from synthetic to down.
Despite the obvious warmth and weight advantages of down, one of my favorite things about switching to down was the compressibility and packed size of down bags. No longer did I have to shimmy and...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag delima
April 21, 7:02pm

Went with The One
Let's put it this way: I've been looking for a new single wall tent for the better part of 6 months, but I finally pulled the trigger on The One earlier this week. In fact, I would have ...

In GEAR » Contrail tarptent question
April 18, 4:42pm

Breathable warm-weather pants?
Over the past few seasons I've used a pair of REI pants I got a while back for the summer, but now I think I need a new pair for a new climate. My summer trips will primarily be in low altit...

In GEAR » Breathable warm-weather pants?
April 15, 6:49pm

Used a 700ml
I used a 700ml in the past, but now I use the SP Trek 900ml set. I'm not a big pasta guy, but I often did cook Ramen in my 700ml. It worked fine so long as I did not overboil and kept a clo...

In GEAR » what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
April 15, 12:13pm

Interested
What size? M or L?

In Gear Swap » Arctic1000 Pack for sale
April 11, 6:01pm

21 days of car camping in Greater Yellowstone and Northwest?
In August I will be heading west again for a road trip mostly doing car camping. Although I will bring much of my backpacking gear, I will also be bringing an old college buddy that can be a bit r...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 21 days of car camping in Greater Yellowstone and Northwest?
March 11, 12:43am

All Reader Reviews by Craig Burton

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pro Lite Gear customer service
Normally I don't do company reviews, but I have just now been impressed by a record processing time by Pro Lite Gear. I've been exposed to pick-and-pack warehousing during my career; and I ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 17, 4:36pm