BPL Community Profile

Michael Martin (MikeMartin) - BPL Staff

My Locale North Idaho
About Me Michael Martin has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Martin

Showing 131 - 140 of 507 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Ridgerest samurai vest
Very Cool, Paul! You get max style points and max multi-use points for this one. :-) I love it! I hope Ryan J. takes a look at this thread. This vaguely reminds me of him using a Torsoli...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ridgerest samurai vest
December 26, 9:51pm

Re: Cool when it should be hot
Esbit, not alcohol, but...

In GEAR » What alcohol stove with Heineken Pot
December 19, 9:47am

Re: The best thing for staying dryer in snow camping
>> Let’s request that Mike C. or a surrogate test a winter down bag with and without a light Cocoon inner. Thanks, Richard. Do you think that a Cocoon quilt will be "continuous&q...

In GEAR » The best thing for staying dryer in snow camping
December 19, 9:31am

Re: UL 1-person Tents for 2009
I've been admiring the design of the Scarp 1 on Henry's website for some time. It looks like it has a lot of nice features. But... 1) Do you really need two vestibules in a 1-person ...

In GEAR » New ultralight 1 person tents for 2009?
December 18, 11:00pm

Re: The best thing for staying dryer in snow camping
Hi Richard- Thanks for creating the new thread. This is a fascinating topic! Your hypothesis about the T37 acting as a VB would certainly explain the moisture protection that Mike C! experie...

In GEAR » The best thing for staying dryer in snow camping
December 18, 10:46pm

Re: Myths - Hats and the Cold
Great topic! To a certain extent, you can shift your "personal insulation" around to maintain warmth -- e.g. wearing a hat instead of a windshirt, etc. Your blood flow will even out t...

In Winter Hiking » Myths - Hats and the Cold
December 18, 8:05pm

Re: Considering a Nunatak Raku
I've gone through the same thought exercise as you, but I've never used a Raku. (I do own and have used a bunch of other Nunatak stuff and can vouch for their quality and Tom's custome...

In Winter Hiking » Considering a Nunatak Raku
December 16, 9:00pm

Re: RBH Vapor Therm Shirt and Pants
Hi Chris- I've also used an RBH Vaportherm shirt extensively over the last year. I suspect that your wool base layer is too absorbent. I've had good luck with a lightweight synthetic t...

In GEAR » RBH Vapor Therm Shirt and Pants
December 16, 11:32am

Re: aha!
>> Mike, any suggestions on actual brands of syn. sack I realize this was probably directed at the other Mike (!), but I've had good luck with the Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina 15. Bo...

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 15, 11:08pm

Re: Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
I just saw your note about car camping. In that case, yes, bring something -- a mylar space bag, a bivy, a couple of hefty bags, whatever. It's not like your sleeping bag is going to sudden...

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 15, 9:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Martin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If you just bend the arms up slightly, it will support a Heineken Pot cleanly.

In Stoves - Other
May 26, 3:06pm