Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brian UL (MAYNARD76) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me Brian UL has not added a biography yet.
StateMA
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian UL

Showing 131 - 140 of 1166 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight: State of the Revolution
I don't think it was a revolution as much as a push back from the overly heavy gadgets and marketing that was the standard in the 80s/90s like SMD says. When I first saw an article in Backpac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight: State of the Revolution
February 07, 7:35pm

Re: Trench Foot
Immersion foot is another name but I remember it being a term for the less serious stage of trench foot. I and a friend of mine had the early stages before. Its pretty painful. Hiking in mud and we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Your feet are waterproof."
February 06, 10:28pm

Re: what is your preferred type of shelter?
I like mids and domes -nice simple shapes. Currently I have a duomid and a skyscape. I consider the skyscape, lightheart, and similar to be mids. The Notch looks awesome too even though it stretc...

In GEAR » what's your preferred type of shelter?
February 04, 8:36pm

Re: Modifying an old external frame pack
So the frame weight is just the metal frame without any padding or straps? That seems unbelievably light. Maybe you can add lighter belt/strap from Granite gear or even SMD to get it even lighte...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an old external frame pack
February 04, 2:22pm

Re: Liquid Soap
Ive used Dr Bonners in the same small container forever and never had a leak. Dr Bonners also comes in bar form. I don't see how its heavy? Thats more a function of how much you bring. Bonner...

In GEAR » musing on soap
February 04, 2:00pm

Re: Petroglyphs vs Graffiti, artifacts vs trash
they are so different and come from completely different context you can't even compare them. Ancient man probably didn't need to go hiking to get away from the stress of modern life. The ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Petroglyphs vs Graffiti, artifacts vs trash
February 03, 2:08pm

Re: Nothing to do with the weather
In the UK it looks like you have a lot of treeless windswept country with frequent rain storms. Even in the North east where heavy rain can last a weeks or more there is very lush thick trees and...

In Philosophy & Technique » Maybe Chaff?
February 03, 1:52pm

Re: Bronners Bar Soap
Bronners comes in unscented pure castile, thats what I use. The trick to using it as tooth paste is you need to use an extremely small amount -like a fraction of a drop.

In GEAR » musing on soap
January 31, 5:14pm

Re: Poor Man's Cuben: Polycro Tarp
Please let us know how it works on the trail. I had the same idea a long time ago. I never followed up on it like you did. The ground sheets from GG seemed so strong for their weight I thought - ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Poor Man's Cuben: Polycro Tarp
January 31, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Maybe...
If your not going to say anything offensive why do you need freedom of speech? if your not going to break the law why do you need a trail? if your not a paranoid cynic why do you need a vote? if...

In Chaff » Full name screen names...
January 26, 5:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian UL

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
After using both the Caldera cone and Ti-Tri stove for quite a while and watched as Trail designs keeps improving and addressing customers concerns Ive come to this conclusion... the Caldera cone and...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 28, 4:07am

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The Inferno stove is 4 separate pieces. An inverted ti cone, a ti floor, a grate support and a grate insert: infero stove

In Stoves - Other
September 18, 1:21pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
This pack carries like, and has the same amount of features as packs 2 or more times its weight! I have to remind myself that the Zip only weighs a hair over 10 oz.(w/optional hipbelt). Its light eno...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:08pm

MLD Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole set 2007
I ordered these along with my MLD Zip pack (review on that in future). It only cost me 50.00 USD as I ordered them at the introductory price on the first month they were released. These are geat for p...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 11, 6:42am