BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 131 - 140 of 610 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...61

Forum » Thread

Wildlife Encounters in PA
I'm okay seeing snakes along the trail as long as I see or hear them before I'm on top of them. On one stretch of the West Rim Trail in PA a couple of years ago I almost stepped on three o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best wildlife encounters?
February 26, 9:24am

Handheld AND Headlamp
I used to take my favorite car camping headlamp along (Petzl Tikka XP) but decided that at around four ounces it was too heavy. I bought the Petzl e-Lite (just under an ounce with battery) and fou...

In Gear Lists » First <15 lb. Base Weight
February 26, 9:02am

Imbedding a link
Glad I was able to help. I too had seen multiple posts about doing it, but this was the one that made it "click" for me.

In User Test Forum » Test
February 25, 5:52am

Imbedding a link
Looks like you were struggling...I have a document that I copy and paste from: {a href="http://yourrul.com"}This is the link that the reader sees{/a} Replace { with < and } with ...

In User Test Forum » Test
February 23, 12:53pm

Nice Trip Report
I was feeling your pain when you had to switch from the Flash to the Alps backpack. I had purchased a SMD Starlight pack and thought I was well on my way to backpacking lighter and, on an early Ap...

In Post-Trip Reports » First backpacking trip - lots of lessons learned...
February 19, 3:15pm

Cog Railway down Mt. Washington
You need to be careful if you're counting on taking the cog railway down Mt. Washington. They give preference to people who purchased round-trip tickets so you're not guaranteed (unless yo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Train shuttles
February 16, 3:33pm

Aviation and the Black Forest Trail
Ryan, Sorry if I got your hopes up, even temporarily. Another option might be the Wellsboro Johnston Airport near Wellsboro, PA. There's a really nice 30-mile trail along the west rim of t...

In GEAR » Backpacking areas accesible by General Aviation
February 16, 3:30pm

Black Forest Trail in PA
It's really funny that you asked this because I was looking at my TOPO! software for my upcoming hike of the 42-mile Black Forest Trail in PA and I noticed a landing strip marked on the map... ...

In GEAR » Backpacking areas accesible by General Aviation
February 16, 6:41am

Building Snow Arches
Someone needs to design and sell a lightweight inflatable form that could be supported by trekking/ski poles for additional strength that you blow up, pack around with snow to make your igloo, and ...

In Winter Hiking » Building snow arches
February 14, 8:58am

Inexpensive Wood Burning Stove
Andy, I was in the same boat in that I wanted to try a wood burner without dropping a lot of money. I found the Antig Outdoors Woodlore Stove to be the answer. It's $24.99 and fits perfect...

In GEAR » Wood Burning Stove Options
February 13, 11:13am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am