BPL Community Profile

Nathan V (Junk) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The Great Lake State
About Me I have been backpacking for about 8 1/2 years, although I thought about trying it for a few years before that. I wish that i would have started earlier, I've had a lot of fun doing it.
CityColumbus
StateMichigan
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan V

Showing 131 - 140 of 176 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

FS. Tarptent, GG Miniposa, Golite, More...
I decided to do some closet cleaning, here is what I have so far. All items are in great condition, All prices include shipping to conus, I won't ship out of US. Will accept Paypal or money ord...

In Gear Swap » FS. Tarptent, GG Miniposa, Golite, More...
September 29, 8:25am

Re: Down jacket
What size jacket are you looking for ?

In Gear Swap » WTB: WM Flight Jacket or Vest (or FF)
July 16, 4:41pm

Re:Re: Miniposa aluminum stays
Greg, In response to your questions, 1- Yes, they can roll, but usually only when you are packing your gear. If I am careful to make sure they don't spin in the tube while packing, then once...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus Backpack REVIEW
March 08, 7:15am

Re: Joshua Tree trip report
I have a suggestion for your sleeping pad. Instead of just replacing the prolite 3, try adding a thinlight pad from gossamer gear under the prolite. They work quite well at blocking the cold f...

In Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree, Ca. 40 miles, 2/16-2/17/08
February 21, 7:26am

ProLite 4 weight
My regular weighs 24.5 oz, can't help with the other two sizes.

In GEAR » Anyone know the true weight of the THERM-A-REST ProLite 4 Sleeping Pad in Short, Women's and Regular?
November 23, 5:36pm

Miniposa aluminum stays
I made stays for my miniposa from #1916 easton aluminum arrow shafts. They bend easily with a little heat from a plumber's torch, and the little rounded ends that came in the carbon stays even ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus Backpack REVIEW
September 15, 7:28am

Re: Atmos 50 weight
I have the original model, size medium, that doesn't get much use any more. But with a lot of cutting of excess straps, loops and the hydration sleeve, it now weighs 2 lbs 11 ozs.

In GEAR » Osprey Atmos 50 weight?
August 01, 5:51pm

Re:Re: FS: Lunar Solo E made with SPINN cloth
Email sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Lunar Solo E made with SPINN cloth
July 24, 4:41pm

Re:Re: Finished my quilt
Thanks, Todd. You're correct about the size, I put on the jacket first, then put the quilt over that. It comes up to just under my armpits. You should give it a shot, I just borrowed a s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my quilt
June 16, 4:38pm

Finished my quilt
I finished it last weekend, and tried it out last night, it actually worked very good. Besides sewing a couple stuff sacks and a pack cover, this was the first big item I have ever sewn. It tur...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my quilt
June 16, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Nathan V

Nathan V has posted no reviews.