BPL Community Profile

Joslyn Bloodworth (JoslynB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me Joslyn Bloodworth has not added a biography yet.
CityChino Valley
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://ulborbust.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBackpacking Wish List for Two

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joslyn Bloodworth

Showing 131 - 140 of 176 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Neat
If nothing else they look like a great backup to throw in my emergency kit, but where can you buy just a few? The lowest number I'm seeing on their website is 50 pair! Edit: I should mentio...

In GEAR » 2 gram UV glasses...for free
August 14, 11:03am

Worth
for me personally I can make a bug bivy and tarp for around the same $150 or less mark and when I do it's something that is custom for me so it has all the features I want, none that I don'...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG worth it?
August 05, 8:02pm

Size...
i think size is really relative. What may be a great size for a family of four or may be way too small for four friends. I keep thinking tentmakers might do better to not try and determine how ma...

In GEAR » 2012 Mountain Hardwear 4 person shelter - 26 oz
August 03, 1:05pm

Possible MYOG
I was looking at those homemade flipflops and was thinking you could make a sandal out of the same types of materials with a strap going over the top of the foot instead of coming up through the to...

In GEAR » River Crossing Camp Shoe ... Again :(
August 03, 12:49pm

Re: Do you use a liner with trail running shoes? And what about sock thickness?
Hot feet make me very uncomfortable so I wear the thinnest socks I can buy. The only reason to go any thicker for me is if it's cold, but even then I find that my feet only get cold when I sto...

In GEAR » Do you use a liner with trail running shoes? And what about sock thickness?
August 03, 12:32pm

Nice!
It looks like some good stuff is coming out! I do wish the Mountain Harware had a hood but I really like the look of the Montane pullover. Gotta say I'm really loving the big pocket on the fr...

In GEAR » Ultralight shells
August 02, 7:15pm

Always go Columbia
I love Columbia pants (their tops, not so much)and my favorites are their water shorts. http://www.columbia.com/Women%E2%80%99s-Sandy-River%E2%84%A2-Short/AL4573,default,pd.html# Reason I lov...

In GEAR » Hiking Pants: What do you Wear and why?
August 01, 2:00pm

Re: Screw Carbon Neutral -- Get a Load of This!
WTF what is this world coming to?

In Chaff » Screw Carbon Neutral -- Get a Load of This!
July 30, 9:29pm

Re: What are your other hobbies?
Let's See... Playing with my dogs Hanging with my Husband Playing video games Reading Watching Documentaries and any channel to Discovery Shopping (usually for backpacking stuff) Researc...

In Chaff » What are your other hobbies?
July 30, 9:27pm

Re: R value
@ Mark - Yes, Kooka Bay's lightest pads are uninsulated but he makes insulated pads and will customize them with either synthetic or down insulation. So they can be R1, but they can be warmer ...

In GEAR » Thermarest Neo, but is it "The One"?
July 27, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Joslyn Bloodworth

Joslyn Bloodworth has posted no reviews.