Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Brochu (JohnnyBgood4) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New Hampshire
About Me John Brochu has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brochu

Showing 131 - 140 of 426 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...43

Forum » Thread

PLBs + Increased Safety of Rescue Teams
One of the only arguments I've heard in favor of PLB's that resonates with me is that they increase the safety of all the individuals working rescue. However, it seems that as these devices...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
March 04, 7:02am

Re: VBLs
>>>As a winter backpacker/pulker and former Nordic patroller (10 years) & present Alpine patroller I can say that VBL socks are REQUIRED for keeping boot liners dry.<<< The...

In GEAR » Some notes on ski/snow camping
March 04, 6:49am

Re: backcountry/tele skiing
Hi Gerry, Thanks for the response. I think when I have time tomorrow I will start a thread in the Winter Forum so I don't hijak this thread with all my questions. Thanks again, and I w...

March 03, 7:35pm

Re: Warmth of down jackets
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=18950 That post will probably be helpful.

In GEAR » Warmth of down jackets
March 03, 1:40pm

Re: ski gear
>>>our options are nothing short of amazing compared to a short time ago.<<< I'm trying to get into backcountry/tele skiing and I find there are so many options and so much...

March 03, 12:48pm

Re: Re: slippery when wet?
I have 295s and they're pretty dam good on wet granite imo. Much better than the New Balance trail runners I used to use.

In GEAR » Inov-8 Flyroc 345 sizing; Does it take another footbed/orthotic?
March 02, 1:19pm

Re: new ideas
>>>thanks for the advice. this gear list is for the new england area and some slight changes when I go to the colorado rocky mountains.<<< Two 1 liter recycled soda/water bottl...

In Gear Lists » first attempt
March 02, 1:07pm

Re: Backpacking light?
Yeah, they're not true UL's or they would be wearing trail runners!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking light?
February 26, 1:48pm

Re: Going to Vegas, Death valley or Lake Mead
See what you can find on Red Rocks Canyon just outside the city limits. I've only been there rock climbing, but I think you could do some overnight hikes in the vicinity. It's BLM land and ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Going to Vegas, Death valley or Lake Mead
February 26, 8:05am

Re: Good Morning Everyone... Let's have Coffee
Whatever you do - just don't buy a Kia. Worst auto buying mistake of my life.

In Chaff » Good Morning Everyone... Let's have Coffee
February 25, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by John Brochu

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips. Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 1:42pm

ULA Conduit
Used this pack on 5 or 6 overnight trips ranging from one night to 7 nights and a base weight ranging from 8 to 12 pounds. The pack is outstanding. It carried well up to 28 pounds. The hip belt po...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 11, 9:51am

Sierra Designs Isotope Jacket 2007
I bought this jacket a while back mostly to bring on longish alpine routes as a wind/emergency rain jacket. I've only actually used it climbing once, but have carried it up several climbs in my ha...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 03, 9:23am