BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 131 - 140 of 1265 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Timetable for new SMD packs?
From what I have heard, they are expected to be available right in time for the ADZPCTKO so April 25-26 2014. Not sure if they will be available to buy online at that point... but if you make it to...

In GEAR » Timetable for new SMD packs?
March 20, 8:07am

Re: FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
If anybody has a Bearikade Scout canister without stickers, I might consider doing a straight-trade!!

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
March 19, 3:22pm

FS: ZPacks Waterproof-Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Pants, Large, XLong
Putting up for sale my slightly used ZPacks Waterproof-Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Pants. Size Large, X-Long. Made from the previous generation of fabric. In good condition. Has normal WPB/CF...

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Waterproof-Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Pants, Large, XLong
March 19, 3:05pm

Re: FS: SMD Lunar Solo LE
EJ... you have been looking for a 2 person shelter for long enough :-p Just pick one and call it good ;)

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Lunar Solo LE
March 17, 10:48pm

Re: how old?
@Chris, you are incorrect.

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Lunar Solo LE
March 17, 9:45pm

Re: 900 for life?
Michael L: I would rather have 900! I would rather NOT have 900fp down! Myself and MANY others have been saying for the last few years that 900fp down wets out WAY to easily. In raining regio...

In GEAR » How useful is waterproof down in a sleeping bag?
March 17, 9:41pm

Re: Anyone used Ruta Locura carbon stakes?
I have broken six of them over the last few years. Stopped buying them and have been using the L Stakes from SMD.

In GEAR » Anyone used Ruta Locura carbon stakes?
March 15, 10:51pm

Re: Bamboo External Frame Backpack
Awesome little DIY backpack!! A mixture of the Molly Mac Pack and the LuxuryLite StackPack - two very unique and niche packs!

In Make Your Own Gear » Bamboo External Frame Backpack
March 15, 6:36pm

Re: A NEW potty trowel - the Deuce of Spades™
Here is a video of a 10 inch deep cat hole I dug in ~45 seconds using the 15 gram Suluk46 Titanium Trowel... got lucky on that one. Regarding the holes and getting dirty... yep, they do make it ...

In Gear Deals » A NEW potty trowel - the Deuce of Spades™
March 15, 6:15pm

Re: Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
@Todd, oh, me'sah likes that!!! You/anybody ever used one?? Thanks for pointing out that U.L. Down T to me Todd!!! That could be a way to deal with three season (aka: "shoulder" sea...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
March 14, 11:04am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm