BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 131 - 140 of 1290 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
Can you expand on the above? I'm not sure I totally understand - are you saying to not use FF14 and use something else? Hey Gary. The FF14 is designed for efficiently but not speed. It re...

In GEAR » The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
April 01, 7:15pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
I just got mine today - thanks Nathan! wow, soooo not what I was expecting it to be. Its very stiff... far beyond any other CF fabric I have encountered. I was also kind of surprised that ...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
April 01, 6:13pm

Re: Attaching cellphone to my hiking poles
@Idan/Ian, You can combine the A-Pod and the Gliff together and it works on just about any modern smartphone. You can even add in a mini-ball head such as I've done here to get just about...

In GEAR » Attaching cellphone to my hiking poles
April 01, 6:04pm

Re: Re: The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
I used some 1/16th from MBD. I wrapped the EBY265 four times, but it was one more than necessary, so only three times around the pot will be good. Sorry, I did not record how long it was. See here ...

In GEAR » The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
April 01, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
Can SUL be possible safely in truly extreme conditions? You keep asking these questions but I have yet to see you define what these three variables mean to you. So, help us answer your ques...

In Gear Lists » LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
April 01, 8:03am

Re: Re: The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
This might be a dumb question, but do you only need the pegs for the FF14 (to get the extra height above stove required) or do you also need them if you are using a gram cracker? Is there space und...

April 01, 6:35am

Yeah, this is one awesome little setup. TrailDesigns willing to make the Sidewinder for the EBY265 was really the key to this whole thing. For me, going with the fiberglass wick wrap was just the n...

April 01, 5:51am

Re: Yes a fantastic deal...
But we do have rules here: "Posting a price reduction on an unsold item is perfectly OK, as is posting that some items have been sold. However, 'bumping' postings so they are back at t...

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
March 31, 9:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
You might want to drop your price.... $260 dollars for a pack that I have $350 dollars invested into is a pretty sweet price!

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
March 31, 9:42pm

Re: Re: Re: FS: UD AK Vest & UD PB Vest
still for sale or trade!

In Gear Swap » FS: UD AK Vest & UD PB Vest
March 31, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm