BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 131 - 140 of 1183 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...119

Forum » Thread

WTB: Silica Fabrics
Does anybody out there have a couple yards of Silica Fabrics?? Been trying to source some but cannot find any place that does not force me to buy a 50+ yard roll of the stuff.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Silica Fabrics
December 06, 5:01am

Re: air mattress pump?
I love the Camptek Microburst for winter time inflation of my TaR Xtherm.

In GEAR » air mattress pump?
December 05, 12:08am

Re: PossumDown
The best place to buy PossumDown products is from ecowool. I have bought probably close to, if not over, $500 worth of products from them. Impeccable company and perfect shipping to the USA.

In GEAR » PossumDown alert
December 04, 6:48pm

Re: Winter in California: Yosemite, Sequoia & Redwoods National Parks
I can only speak for the Redwoods... There are some nice Redwood trees South of Jedediah Smith, and you are right, that is a looooooong drive from the bay area (SF). There are some ok trees f...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter in California: Yosemite, Sequoia & Redwoods National Parks
December 02, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
>>> 5-7 minutes That seems more in-line with what you should be expecting from the Helios. Gotta remember, that is one huge freaking pot and getting it up to boil temps doesn't h...

In GEAR » Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
December 01, 8:13pm

Re: Re: Montbell makes great stuff....
@hamsterfish... get the Mirage!! Been using it and have LOVED it. Very very much not the "ul down inner" but at the same time, not an over the top artic style jacket either. The d...

In GEAR » Montbell makes great stuff....
December 01, 10:30am

Re: Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
I have loved my Helios... used it for years in base camps. 12 minutes for 1.5l does seem a weebit long though. At those temps.... was the canister super cold? In a beer cossie? In a small p...

In GEAR » Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
December 01, 10:28am

Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 -- Confirmed Cottage Companies Attending
Hey All, Here is a list of the owners/reps of cottage companies that have confirmed they will be attending the 2014 GGG West event. Ron and Brian from Six Moon Design Jon Fong from Flat Ca...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
November 30, 5:12pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Countdown is at 54 days!!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
November 30, 2:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Michael and Rex
yeah, but that is not what my bank account thinks every time I buy a case of them

In GEAR » Lithium ion batteries in freezing temperatures
November 29, 2:20pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm