Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Cangelosi (JoeFish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale All Over California
About Me I live in SF, but I work anywhere they'll pay me to go. I'm in LA quite a bit, but I can be found hiking all up and down the California coast, and any other place I can escape to.
My PDF Gear List3 Season CA Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Cangelosi

Showing 131 - 140 of 159 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Clothing for Teton NP
Hmmm... the bugs sound vicious. Maybe a headnet? Thanks for the analysis on your methods. I don't have a lot of experience with cold-weather hiking. Usually desert winter nights around 30 ar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for Teton NP
June 27, 3:13am

Re: Clothing for Teton NP
Mary, My hands are (have always been from youth) slightly arthiritc, so I almost always have some gloves. I just picked up a synthetic midweight baselayer, but I have heard wonderful things abou...

June 26, 9:00pm

Why not a gear list?
Hey, Luke, Here's my 3 season gear list that I'm currently tweaking for Grand teton. Most of it is very affordable stuff. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiEMTy8PkrOHdGhWNzRY...

In Gear Lists » Newbie - What Gear Do I Need?
June 26, 8:46pm

Hey, Luke!
+1 to what William said. Being new does not mean you can't start out Light or Ultralight. An Osprey does not help you meet that goal. Hope it doesn't sound like we're picking on you...

In Gear Lists » Newbie - What Gear Do I Need?
June 26, 8:17pm

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing, Ryan. I think at the end of the day, my question is whether to invest in some kind of down outerwear. Your kit lays out intelligently, so I think maybe I will. Do you love th...

June 25, 12:54pm

Another cheapo alternative
Bread bags, as in from a loaf of bread from the supermarket. They are light and have a shape and trim down intelligently. I use one for my sleeping bag. Just be sure to get all the crumbs out. ...

In GEAR » pack cover? pack liner? neither!
June 24, 11:05pm

Clothing for Teton NP
Hello, everybody, I'm planning on hiking through Avalanche Canyon in Grand Teton NP in the second half of July. I've been told to expect nighttime temps of as low as 20 degrees, and days...

June 24, 9:20pm

Re: bearikade in Jam or Pinnacle
I have the Jam2 and am about to do my first canister trip. Did you put it on top or on the bottom? Or somewhere in between?

In Gear Lists » JMT Hike by Boy Scout
June 21, 11:47pm

HI, JOE
Yeah, I admit it. Benjamin you have a point, but I have a lot of stuff I really SHOULD be doing right now... but I'm not... I'm weighing sporks and looking at maps. Ah well.

In Philosophy & Technique » Did backpacking transform you?
June 21, 11:43pm

Re: 24 hour trip out of Santa Barbara, CA
Well, it's not exactly what you had in mind, but I spent 2 days doing 4 hour hikes on either side of Gaviota SP, 30 miles from SB. The camping in the park sucks, it's an asphalt lot designe...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 24 hour trip out of Santa Barabara, CA
June 20, 10:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Cangelosi

Joe Cangelosi has posted no reviews.