Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 286 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

Recommendation
I appreciate the recommendations, folks! I'll check out the NeoAir and REI pads. And yeah, the 20" just doesn't hack it for comfortable sleeping. They are fine for backpacking b...

In GEAR » Comfortable sleeping pads?
February 25, 7:14pm

Comfortable sleeping pads?
I'd love to hear thoughts or suggestions on comfortable sleeping pads. To start off with, it doesn't have to meet ultralight requirements, this is more for family/ car camping. When I go b...

In GEAR » Comfortable sleeping pads?
February 25, 2:01pm

Re: Re: TT Moment
"I love the Moment design, although in my experience it proved to be a condensation generating machine so not surprised by the additional warmth comment. However, this thread was started as...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
February 11, 12:42pm

Re: Soulo in wet, heavy snow Feb 2012
Great photos of the Soulo, Stuart! Thanks for posting them. I know the back deck may not be the wildest environment a Hilleberg has tackled, but the deep snow load is impressive all the same. :)

February 10, 11:00pm

Re: One Hillie to rule them all
Stephen, thanks for the link to the Kaitum review. I'll give that a peek. Stuart, the Saitaris is very nice for headroom. But if someone were going for pure usable space, I think the Keron...

February 10, 6:35pm

Re: 3 Hillie household?
Hi Stuart, I bet the Kaitum will work very well for a family summer tent. I only have the Tarra and Saitaris now. I had the Nammatj 2 (non-GT), and briefly had a Saivo, which I upgraded to the ...

February 10, 12:18pm

Re: A little schooling please...
Jennifer, it is very dangerous to ask a group of Hilleberg fans to extol the virtues of their tents. You may have just opened Pandora's Box. ;-) Since I'm about to sound like a Hillebe...

February 10, 11:28am

Re: Kaitum 3
Jennifer, it was cozy :) In fact my pup, Vixen, did not want to leave it when it came time to take it down. lol Stuart, thanks for the pictures of the Kaitum, the more the merrier. I can neve...

February 09, 11:05pm

Kaitum
Thanks Stephen! And do you happen to have any pictures from your trip? I'd love to see an interior shot of a 3 person set up for 3 men. I know the Hillebergs don't skimp on size, but I&#...

February 09, 8:05pm

Re: Backpacking with Mrs Mags
"She has agreed to do a bit more hiking oriented trips and less of the "back country car camping" -type trips. (A nickname for the base camp style trips. :D)" Hahaha! Paul, ...

In GEAR » Camping with partner?
February 09, 7:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.