BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 251 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Kindle
I've never considered owning an E-reader, since I really enjoy turning the pages and holding real books. But for backpacking or camping, I can definitely see the allure. The majority of batte...

In GEAR » To Kindle or not...that is the question
May 30, 2:33pm

Re: Re: Antarctica book suggestions
Wow! Everything from coffee table books, to internet articles, to novels. I greatly appreciate it everyone. This will give me some great material to whet my appetite. :) Thanks again!

In GEAR » Antarctica book suggestions
May 30, 12:40pm

Re: Re: Antarctica book suggestions
Thanks Roger and Miguel! I knew I could count on this group for recommendations. I'll check those out.

May 30, 1:34am

Antarctica book suggestions
Sorry, I know this isn't really a gear question, I'm just not sure which subforum would be the most appropriate section for it...maybe "Winter Hiking". I recently read a book ...

May 30, 12:23am

Re: "Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast"
Great report and awesome pictures guys! Ken, I thought I was a "true Hilleberg believer"...but then I saw your bumper sticker on your bear cannister. You put me to shame. Hahaha

In Post-Trip Reports » Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast
May 29, 1:35pm

Re: dogs in tent
Jen, I live on the west coast, and we don't see a lot of poison Ivy. There may be some around but I don't run into it. We definitely get some stinging nettle in the creek aeas. Posion oak...

In GEAR » Tarptents and dogs?
May 28, 9:57pm

Re: My dog has no fleas!
I'm with Mary on the inside the tent pet camping. We use Frontline as well with great results. True, they do get poison oak, but the areas we camp in don't have it. We do dayhikes in ter...

In GEAR » Tarptents and dogs?
May 28, 5:56pm

Re: Seedhouse
Jennifer and Andy, thanks for the updates. That increases my confidence in the floor material. I really like the looks, weight and stats of the Copper Spur tents (1 and 2). The floor was the big...

In GEAR » BA tent comparison
May 27, 5:40pm

RE: BA tents
Thanks for the continued feedback guys. Samuel, you make a good point that footprints don't have to be heavy. Maybe I'm sweating over the light floor+ footprint issue too much. Stuart,...

In GEAR » BA tent comparison
May 27, 2:36pm

Re: better hat?
" I need something to cover the top of my head because the fauna is pretty sparse." If you're using fauna for shade those are some pretty big deer! ;-) (Flora is plantlife, fau...

In GEAR » better hat?
May 27, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.