Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 131 - 140 of 1409 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...141

Forum » Thread

Re: Presidentials in Winter
not the OP but for the traction choices.. most folks in the whites bring snowshoes and microspikes. The popular trails get packed out nicely and microspikes are way easier to walk in as long as yo...

In Photo Gallery » Southern Presidentials in Winter
December 24, 3:50pm

Re: Post your favorite photos from 2014
School kept me out of the mountains most of this year but did get out with my dad for a day trip this spring and a few day hikes at the end of the summer with the GF and one solo. spring is g...

In Photo Gallery » Post your favorite photos from 2014.
December 24, 1:02pm

Re: Southern Presidentials in Winter
Nice. white Whites ;)

In Photo Gallery » Southern Presidentials in Winter
December 24, 9:32am

Re: light knife
Easy Bob.. many of us don't need to do any of that. I know i don't build fires, fish, play dice, make stakes or poles. The only cutting i usually do is moleskin and my mini Ti sewing sci...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
December 23, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Cuben - not yet
I think leaving extraneous things behind will be enough to get to a comfortable place... until you add all of that water. (i'll take snow over carrying gallons of water) pack comfort is pe...

In Gear Lists » First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
December 23, 11:04am

Re: Re: Re: Bright red chairs connect Banff visitors to nature
^^ yep, Mt washington and Cannon mt in NH too. If you want a picture with the summit sign on Washington you have to stand in line behind 20 people who drove their car or took the cog railway up....

In Philosophy & Technique » Bright red chairs connect Banff visitors to nature
December 22, 10:13am

Re: Re: 1.1oz non dwr Bivy?
I am building a bivy with silnylon 2nds for the bottom and M90 on top.. wasn't too expensive.

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1oz non dwr Bivy?
December 21, 1:48pm

Re: Re: First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
Troy, I have a 12-13lb base without any cuben and quite a few luxuries by BPL standards.. even Skurka gets his pack down without cuben. summmer list. shoulder season adds a pound or so http:...

In Gear Lists » First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
December 20, 9:01pm

Re: Trying to lighten up more
get a piece of polycro (window shrink wrap. cheap at wallyworld) and skip the mylar and tyvek for less weight and space. You have 2 quilts. you don't need mylar right? Check out GearGrams...

December 17, 10:09pm

Re: knitting
+1 my gf tried to get me to learn but I maxed out when i worked at summer camp with those embroidery thread bracelets that were glorified braiding. She makes really nice things and I enjoy the h...

In Make Your Own Gear » warning to you myog newbies
December 16, 5:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.