BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 131 - 140 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: using a dehydrator
Typically it's a one to one ratio...one cup dehydrated food + one cup of boiling water.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » using a dehydrator
September 26, 10:27am

Re: Re: Hot Keg
I use my Smartwool glove liners to pick mine up. Multi-use item!

In GEAR » Caldera Keg
September 26, 10:22am

Re: Thoughts
Thanks for your thoughts Dan. I have mostly focused on my gear and not clothing up until now as you have noticed, so your insight really helps. I'm wondering if going with the Montbell U.L. ...

In Gear Lists » Couples gear list
September 26, 10:16am

Re: Re: Couples gear list
Yes it's allot of water storage, but there are few reliable water sources in many of our local areas. For example, our local 11,918' Charleston Peak...we like to do a loop hike of about 20 ...

September 23, 9:23am

Re: Thanks!
Mark, I find the egg crate closed cell foam pads very comfortable, but not the smooth or rubbed ones. (Gossamer Gear or Nunatak). In fact, we car camped last weekend, so I used a heavy Big Agnes...

In Gear Lists » General 3-Season
September 23, 8:15am

Couples gear list
When I'm not backpacking with my son and his Boy Scout troop, I tend to backpack with my wife. We live in Las Vegas, and backpack in the So. NV/So. UT area, from about 2,000' up to arou...

September 22, 8:54pm

Re: "waste" belt
"waste", lol :~)>

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Mariposa question
September 21, 8:54pm

Re: General 3-Season
Mark, Feels good doesn't it? Nice job on your gear list. A couple of observations; 1) Go with a larger GG SpinnTwinn tarp for the same weight of your oware, and you can lose the bivy...sa...

In Gear Lists » General 3-Season
September 21, 8:49pm

Miraposa Q
Sorry John, I forgot to mention that I use the foam shoulder pad inserts that came with the pack...mostly because without them the shoulder straps didn't stay flat and were annoying. The wide s...

September 21, 8:18pm

Re: Gossamer Gear Mariposa question
John, I have had my Mariposa for a little over a year now, and probably have around 15 trips on it. Here's what I have found works best for me; 1)I use a MYOG 20x40 pad similar to the nig...

September 21, 8:05pm

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm