BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 131 - 140 of 899 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...90

Forum » Thread

re:RRRRRR
Loved this and the linked interview. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

In Other Activities » Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim
May 19, 7:07pm

re: FBC
For those not doing FBC cooking, what ecologically sound alternative are you using to package your food?

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 05, 8:20am

re:
Mike C! It warms the heart to see you back. Great article. I'm of the "cook-at-home, just add water on the trail" persuasion, but could easily see adopting this technique when out...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Fry Bake Gear and Technique (Video)
May 04, 1:37pm

+1 Nick
Good post, Nick. I think a lot of people buy into the marketing hype that if they slap on a pair of VFFs or other minimalist shoe, they will suddenly run like the Tarahumara. Jennifer probably see...

In GEAR » Merrell Trail Glove 2 - Running Smart, Review, and Barefoot Running
April 24, 9:53am

Re: cuben mids
I use a cuben duomid bought off gear swap 3 years ago. It is my designated winter shelter, but I'll also use it for family trips, fly fishing trips during the buggy seasons, or any time I just ...

In GEAR » 2 person cuben mids: MLD vs locus gear vs bear paw vs?
April 23, 2:39pm

Re
"Eating hot comfortable food at night is one of the pleasures of camping I will not soon give up." +1 And with the availability of so many esbit/alchy and mug setups that weigh unde...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
April 23, 8:23am

Respectfully disagree
"You run and hike the way you run and hike" Running is a skill, and like any other skill (golf, gymnastics, etc) can be taught and coached. Independent of the shoes you wear, there is ...

In GEAR » Merrell Trail Glove 2 - Running Smart, Review, and Barefoot Running
April 23, 5:03am

re: BPL UL 240 quilt
Still available for $200

In Gear Swap » BPL UL 240 quilt, regular
April 22, 1:00pm

re: river knife
I carry a Bark River bravo necker. Have I had opportunity to use it? Sure. Opening packaging, food prep, cleaning fish. If I wasn't packrafting, I'd still carry it. I also have a small f...

In Packrafting » river knife?
April 21, 5:07am

re:Escalante
Beautiful job as always. I'm not a black and white photographer, but I appreciate how they accentuate the patterns in the rock in your photos and the starkness of the terrain. Loved this very...

In Post-Trip Reports » Escalante and the Waterpocket Fold
April 18, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.