Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 131 - 140 of 3745 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...375

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
Never saw temperatures below 70*F in Panama either. Soaking wet from a rainstorm and a brisk breeze will have you shivering with blue lips where it will feel much cooler. Advice is free for a...

In GEAR » Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
November 25, 9:48am

Re: Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
I've been hypothermic in the Panamanian Jungle so having something more than a cotton sheet would be desirable. I'd look for a cheap synthetic sleeping bag which is rated to 50*F, not t...

In GEAR » Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
November 25, 8:47am

Re: Hummingbird Hammocks Black Friday sale
Thanks just ordered their Solo+

In Gear Deals » Hummingbird Hammocks Black Friday sale
November 25, 8:15am

Re: Neoair Xlite getting pulled...why?
There's another thread on this. There are a few new pads that they've been teasing us with in gear shows. I suspect this will be an exciting year for TAR pads and it's probably worth ...

In GEAR » Neoair Xlite getting pulled...why?
November 25, 7:50am

Re: What Are You Hoping Santa Brings You This Christmas?
C'mon OP. You should join the rest of us and stop thinking/talking about gear and focus on the things that really matter which is getting outside. Gear talk cheapens the experience. In fact,...

In GEAR » What Are You Hoping Santa Brings You This Christmas?
November 25, 7:35am

Made in 'Merica
To the best extent possible and all things being equal, I try to buy local, then Washington, then US, then wherever. But not all things are equal. I really wish I could comfortably fit in a F...

In GEAR » Visited the new Arcteryx store in Portland
November 25, 6:35am

Lightroom 5 e book and video tutorial
I just purchased this so I can't speak to the contents or quality. I've found their YouTube channel to be helpful so I figured $9.99 was a safe bet. Access to 12hrs of video is included. ...

In Photography » Lightroom 5 e book and video tutorial
November 24, 9:49pm

RE: Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
I always have two separate sources of fire. A mini bic on my person and either another bic or matches in my backpack. There was a recent SAR mission where the guy had both matches and a bic light...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
November 24, 4:41pm

Re: $200 to spend.....
I'd personally go with the Lumix Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 which is a nice compromise of weight, size, and price. My parents have one that I've had a couple opportunities to play with. I t...

In Photography » $200 to spend.....
November 24, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Altaplex – zpacks now has the ultimate tent
"Remember it's Gary, not Zpacks, dubbing it "ultimate" and "wind bomber." Now it's gotta defend itself from the backlash against someone else's enthusiasm a...

In GEAR » Altaplex – zpacks now has the ultimate tent
November 23, 10:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm