BPL Community Profile

Chris Bell (Hobbit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PA Wilds
About Me I am 53 and have been 4 season backpacking since a teenager. As I age I've had to lighten up the pack to keep my milage up. Typically I hike about 15 miles a day. Presently I carry about 8 lbs base weight and my hips and knees are happy. Many THANKS to this site to discover ways to drop the weight. There are numerous trails close to home, Suquehannock Trail System STS, and often backpack the weekends right after work on Friday. Chris aka Hobbit
CityShinglehouse
StatePennsylvania
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Bell

Showing 131 - 140 of 157 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Sold Gatewood Cape & Serenity Net Tent
Both the Gatewood Cape and Serenity Net Tent are now sold. Thanks for all the interest.

In Gear Swap » FS Gatewood Cape & Serenity Net Tent
September 05, 6:25pm

G5 fit / sold
Joseph the G5 just sold but to let you know, I have a torso about 21 inches. The only difference in the large size of the G5 is to move the attachment points on the shoulder straps. I fits me wit...

In Gear Swap » FS Gossamer Gear G5 Back Pack
September 03, 3:37am

FS Gossamer Gear G5 ( SOLD )
I have for sale a new, never used, Gossamer Gear G5 back pack. Size Large. $45 shipped PM if interested. Thanks

In Gear Swap » FS Gossamer Gear G5 Back Pack
September 02, 8:51pm

Additional Pictures
Jon - no groundsheet included. Here are more photos that may help answer any other questions. View inside Back view Adjustable back support

In Gear Swap » FS TarpTent Contrail
September 02, 3:49pm

Completely enclosed
Yes this has the bathtub floor and bug netting. It is completely enclosed.

September 01, 4:37am

FS TarpTent Contrail (SOLD)
Contrail is sold - Thanks I have for sale a 2008 TarpTent Contrail. Comes with the original 4 stakes and stuff sack. I put a small patch where the trek pole slipped but other than that its in g...

August 31, 5:47pm

Sublite Sil
I am interested in the Sublite Sil if its available. Thanks, Chris

In Gear Swap » FS: Subsil Tarptent, Adventure 16 bug bivy
July 12, 8:56am

PM Sent
I'll take it - PM sent thanks

In Gear Swap » FS/Pacific Outdoor Equipment Ether Thermo 6 Sleeping Pad - 2/3 Length
June 09, 7:06am

OLP Conditions?
Greetings from Potter Co. PA Noticed your request for info and wonder if you got out to the OLP Memorial Day weekend? I have not hiked that loop yet but might include it in my rambles this yea...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PA Hikers....Trail Conditions
June 03, 6:28am

SOLD
WS2 is SOLD

In Gear Swap » Jacks R Better Weather Shield type 2 WS2
May 31, 1:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Bell

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
Great comfort when inflated somewhat soggy - about 10 puffs of air. The air channels are fairly pronounced "rounded" and you may be distracted by the feel of the "valleys" in betw...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 06, 6:35pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
This is the warmest pad I have. I've slept plenty warm down into the 10 - 15 deg F range. Durable - I've used it directly on frozen ground without issues but certainly would not recommend it...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 06, 6:01pm

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
I’ve been using a Golite Ether Wind Shirt since Fall 2007 mainly for wind protection and shedding rain/snow from my inner layer of 200 wt fleece. I’ve discovered this winter, when hiking, I can stay ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 29, 7:42pm