BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 131 - 140 of 595 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...60

Forum » Thread

Seems like it always involves humans...
The only horror story was when several heavily armed guys (AR15, shot gun, etc.) showed up. They were there to "protect" their mining claim. It was in dispute, and we happened to know t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Horror Stories
January 20, 11:43am

10 lbs
10 lbs and $200. But only the pack is ligbt (vapor trail). Still working at lightening things up.

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 20, 8:39am

Everyone is different
I don't like my shoulder straps to go straight back either, I want them to be slightly ABOVE my shoulders. No real weight on my shoulders. I have also had issues with my lower back, but not...

In GEAR » general pack fit help (with bonus harness attachment question!)
January 17, 5:04pm

To filter or not to filter, is that the question...
There is a clear mountain stream in the Sierras that for many, many years we drank from without treating. No one had any problems (though I believe that I am "immune" to giardia). Then ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
January 15, 3:15pm

Re: Re: check this one out
I'd use the toilet seat (remove the lid to lighten it up) that snaps on a 5 gallon bucket. Cut down the bucket to save weight. Dig hole, place bucket over hole, do your "business", ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: wilderness toilet
January 14, 12:21pm

Great ideas...
With 1/4 cup measurements I can guess the others well enough. Some really great ideas here (I knew there would be). I got one of those really light SS pots from Sierra Trading Post and I thin...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 14, 12:00pm

Measuring water
What does everyone use? I use mostly prepackaged meals that call for a very specific amount of water and don't really want to experiment with alternate amounts. Carrying a measuring cup seems...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 4:48pm

Shoulders
I can't carry 5 lbs on my shoulders comfortably for an hour. In that time frame the muscles that connect your shoulders to your neck are killing me. I carry 90%+ of the weight on my hips.

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 13, 1:33pm

Big Sky inflatable pillow
"Just a couple of days ago I got a Big Sky inflatable pillow. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising." Be sure to let us know how it works for you. I am curious to know if y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 10, 10:34am

Pillow pocket
I've tried a "pillow pocket" on a BA sleeping bag and that didn't work for me, no where to put my arm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 09, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm