BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 131 - 140 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

RE: Los Angeles area meetup?
I'm interested. I live in Hollywood and work downtown. My work schedule is very unpredictable, but if I can get away from the office, I'd like to join you.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Los Angeles area meetup?
July 21, 9:56am

RE: Sleeping in Hiking Clothes
On long hikes I take two hiking shirts (usually both are RailRider Adventure Shirts), two pairs of synthetic boxers, two (sometimes three) pairs of socks, and one pair of pants. Sometime in the mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping in Hiking Clothes
June 05, 11:21am

Re: Benefits of lighter trekking poles?
"I know that taking, say, 6 oz. out of my pack would make a difference. But I'm not convinced that taking 6 oz. off of poles that spend half their time on the ground is going to make me a ...

In GEAR » Benefits of lighter trekking poles?
April 30, 10:58am

Cross country from Bishop to Palisade Lakes
If there isn't a lot of snow, the cross-country route from Bishop pass to Palisade Lakes will require that you make ample use of your hands. There are lots of boulders to scramble up and aroun...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ideas needed: 80-90 miles, June, CA/OR/WA
April 09, 5:02pm

Re: Ti Goat straps
"The straps work well on the Titanium Goats and their company provides exceptional service." Mike, can you provide any more info on these straps? Photos maybe? The photo on the Ti Go...

In GEAR » New BPL carbon Stix
March 05, 7:15pm

Re: New BPL carbon STIX
I'm really excited about them too. Finally, an UL pole with a real wrist strap. Take these and make them two-section adjustable, and I don't think you could have a more perfect pole. Now...

In GEAR » New BPL carbon Stix
March 05, 4:07pm

program for catenary curve
Hey Andrew, What program do you use to calculate the catenary curve? I have been tossing around ideas for a shelter I'd like to sew, but I've been having trouble figuring out the ridgel...

In Gear Swap » one more gray SOLO TARP
February 11, 10:26am

Re: Re: Gossamer Gear "The One
>"I can only speculate what the fabric is in this Tarptent prototype photo, but it sure looks white like spinnaker to me." The caption below that photo, or a similar one, on Ron Moa...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear "The One" Video
February 05, 10:52am

Re: Re: Meal Plan for Thru-hike --breakfast
"Can you get this in powder form and mix it as needed? Couldn't from their website because all they mentioned is bottles, which implies liquid." They come as a bottle filled half w...

In Philosophy & Technique » Meal Plan for thru-hike
February 04, 7:13pm

Meal Plan for Thru-hike --breakfast
I've had really good luck with these shakes for breakfast: http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/thermoplex.htm I had them customized to have just under 800 calories per shake, with extra prot...

In Philosophy & Technique » Meal Plan for thru-hike
February 04, 3:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am