Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greyson Howard (Greyhound) - BPL Guest

My Locale Sierra Nevada
About Me Greyson Howard has not added a biography yet.
CityTruckee
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://shop.starthaus.com/store/pc/home.asp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greyson Howard

Showing 131 - 140 of 246 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Group tarps
Lately I've been wanting to get a 4 person tarp (NOLS nostalgia), but I'm not sure the dimensions would work now that I'm not 14 years old. With a 4 person tarp, the ridge line is 90...

In GEAR » Group tarps
October 29, 11:12pm

Re: nunatak
If you don't want to spend Nunatak kind of money, Jacks'R'Better offers a more economical alternative. I absolutely love my Jacks'R'Better No Sniveller, and I also have a Mou...

In GEAR » new sleeping bag
October 15, 6:45pm

feedback?
Well Ron, Now that this thread has gotten most of the feedback it looks like it's going to get, what are your thoughts? i.e., what do I win for coming up with the best color? -Greyson

In GEAR » Perfered Tarp Colors
October 14, 8:04pm

Sierra Sun
That story, and those photos, originally ran in the newspaper I report for, the Sierra Sun. Here is the complete story: http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20070918/NEWS01/70917021 We've ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear survives bridge encounte
October 10, 8:10pm

A green suggestion
While this particular company caters to military/ outdoors people who have a military bent, I think the multi-environment green as sceen here: m.e. green Is not widely recognised as military...

In GEAR » Perfered Tarp Colors
October 06, 1:54pm

Xacti
I used another version of the Xacti (HD2) on my Tahoe Rim Trail hike and covereage for the newspaper I work for, and really liked it - good zoom, image quality, easy to use even while hiking. Unf...

In GEAR » Lightweight HD video camera
September 27, 5:35pm

sleeping pad?
Will you have your sleeping pad inside or out of the bivy? As more of a sleeping bag cover than a full featured bivy, the Montbell seems difficult to accomodate a winter bag, pad, and boots. I w...

In GEAR » Recommend a Bivy
September 09, 5:26pm

?
Coupon, what am I missing here, I don't know anything about a coupon.

In GEAR » Coupon
September 06, 9:41pm

Tahoe Rim Trail photo's, video, etc.
First off, disclaimer: this report is on another website, the newspaper I work at, so if anybody feels that posting a link to a newspaper website goes against forum ethics, let me know. This sum...

In Post-Trip Reports » Tahoe Rim Trail photo's, video, etc.
September 06, 6:22pm

Didn't work for me...
I used it on the first night of my 15 day TRT thru-hike, and food didn't taste right for the next day, and the burning took longer to go away than that. I guess I used more than a drop, but I...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dr. Bronners as Toothpaste?
August 29, 9:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Greyson Howard

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better No Sniveller quilt
I have used this quilt 15 nights this summer, all in the northern Sierra in the greater Lake Tahoe area. Temperatures were between the low 30's and the high 40's. The quilt was used in con...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 17, 7:28pm

Six Moon Designs Comet
I have used this pack a total of 17 days this summer, including 15 on a thru-hike of the Tahoe Rim Trail. The pack volume and design suit my needs perfectly for carrying up to 5 days worth of food,...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 17, 7:18pm

Titanium Goat Basic Bivy
This review is for the large bivy with the old-style bug headnet (a mesh headnet bag sewn across the chest, pulled over the head, under the bivy). This is the best value hands down in water resista...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
August 17, 7:07pm

Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 F, 800 down
The phantom 32 was my first light-weight item, and is still my favorite. Loft is great, the hood fits great, and there is enough room for me to add a down jacket or vest. The one downside is the .85 ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 13, 11:34pm

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
During the time I have used this bivy, I have experienced no condensation, even when the single wall tent I was in was dripping. I have not found a great solution to getting the bug-mesh away from my...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
December 10, 12:09am

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I've spent 3 solid days in this rain suit in a storm in Point Reyes, and one in the Sierra foothills. The suit was totally water and windproof, breathed very well (sweat only under pack straps and...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 10:05pm

Golite Den 2
Similar to tarptent designs, but no vestibule and made out of Golite's heavy-duty silnylon, so it weighs a little more (3.5 lbs). I have used it in Tahoe National Forest where it was used for me and a...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 25, 11:08pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I found this pad to be extremely comfortable (better than the bed I slept on through college), but it doesn't take much to get a chill through it. I bought a Gossamer Gear Thinlight pad for insulation...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 25, 11:01pm