Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Fred eric (Fre49) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale France, vallée de la Loire
About Me Fred eric has not added a biography yet.
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Fred eric

Showing 131 - 140 of 395 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...40

Forum » Thread

Snow stakes
When snow stakes are needed i bring suluk46 ones. If i am not sure there will be snow i bring regular stakes and a few feets of dynema to bury what i have : snowshwoes, stuffs sacks filled with sn...

In GEAR » Winter Tent Stakes
November 29, 11:31am

shedding snow
Its more complicated but i think the design of the twin sisters, with the 2 ridges on each side from the top to the middle anchorage points,is better to held both sides tight than the above one. ...

In GEAR » Best Snow Shedding Design
November 27, 5:37am

socks
Socks are priority 1 for me, and i carry 2 pair. In the day the one i dont wear is if not dry on my shoulders under my pack straps, seems i dont sweat that much there and it dry them a bit. If t...

In GEAR » Drying things in your sleeping bag?
November 21, 12:06pm

new msr
the new msr twin brother could o when its released ? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/mb_post_form.html?forum_thread_id=38924 if you dont want skirts you can cu...

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Shangri La 6 or 8
November 19, 7:24am

customs
BTW when you ship them abroad please dont include the tip in the item value :p.

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (now the Backcountry Boiler)
November 17, 6:10am

plb
Fast find isnt totaly free once you bought it. Some countries requires a fee, from memory it costed me about 50€ to declare it for my hike in Greenland.

In GEAR » PLBs
November 17, 5:30am

dpreview
yes definitly have a look at this website the S95 is a good compact ( i bought one not long ago as a gift for my sister when she doesnt want to bring her canon 450D ) I myself use an LX3 ( the...

In Photography » Have some cameras picked, help me choose one
November 17, 3:29am

french RL myog shelters
have a look at : http://www.randonner-leger.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10690 http://www.randonner-leger.org/02_materiel/bricolage.php http://www.randonner-leger.org/wiki/doku.php?id=abri...

In GEAR » Best European Backpacking Forums?
November 16, 11:44am

ibex
at 5'9", 165lbs i usualy buy L in european brands and M when i buy in the US ( like BPL products ) I asked my sister to bring me back some Ibex shirts to try them ( couldnt find them in F...

In GEAR » Fit of Ibex Indie Hoody for men and women?
November 16, 12:45am

works the same way than the alpacka one
https://www.alpackaraft.com/store/index.cfm?ProductID=74&do=detail

In Gear Deals » Instaflator
November 12, 1:37am

All Reader Reviews by Fred eric

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
After a few overnight with this pack ( he was too big , but i wanted to try it asap, planning for 2013 TGO ), i just did my first one week snowshoeing hike with it. - first as i have complained on ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 03, 3:09am

Black Rock Gear Hadron
I ordered an XL Hadron, because the previous blackrock hat i had was a slightly tight fit in L. Evan questionned me by mail to check if i really needed an XL. I ended with a slightly larger than nor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
September 15, 12:30pm

MLD Trailstar
After some week end uses ill give it a 5 as a 2 adults plus 4 year old son shelter. With a ground cloth and stakes i am at about 550+150+100= 800g for 2 1/2 people. I like the simplicity , no ve...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 04, 8:03am

Backcountrygear.com
I wanted some dry bags for packrafting and to try shipito I bought 2 POE pneumo ltw 50l the last model with rounded bottom They sent me the 2009 model with square bottom that was on sale on their w...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 13, 12:52am

PHD minimus down socks
sizing is strange, my wife feet are 5/38 so i ordered Small in fact i can use them and my feets are 10 /44. The loft is impressing, but due to the construction you have a lot below the feet and b...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 01, 6:18am

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
i usualy use a ziploc for my money, visa card and id card while hiking this time when i left for 3 weeks in Greenland i decided to use the small aloksak that was given me with some other purchase o...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 09, 2:16pm

Thru-Hiker.com
Had after thought and sent a mail to change order. 30 min after it i recieved answer and refund so i could redo order : Hello Frederic- No problem at all with regards to the order changes. I&#...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 10, 2:01pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
DR in the snow! Its a great lightweight 2 persons tent. First i like the headroom and 2 larges entries . My wife and i...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 9:36am

Garmin eTrex Legend
I bought one and only use it for snow hiking out of trails. Otherwise as i cannot hike close to my home, i dont hike often in the same place, so i wouldnt buy a 100€ map for only 5-6 days of use. ...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
December 11, 11:40pm