BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 131 - 140 of 5007 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...501

Forum » Thread

The first sleeping bag hammock???
It will appeal to the ones that spend a night out at a time maybe a few times a year.

In GEAR » The first sleeping bag hammock???
June 05, 5:22pm

10 person Teepee for 80 bucks
I like the set up instructions : •Easy setup... raise the center pole, stake out the sides and you are done

In GEAR » 10 person Teepee for 80 bucks
June 05, 5:17pm

Sleeping bag storage and down resilience
Here is an example : . the bag on the right had just spent 2 years inside that tiny stuff sack, the other was left fully open. Both had been used, washed 2 or 3 times each prior to this (over se...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag storage and down resilience
June 05, 5:12pm

Technique: How do you Sit on the Ground (Comfortably)?
One way : this is the ULA Circuit but should work with most packs. The pack is upside down so that I can sit on the rolltop to keep the pack from sliding back. Easier again if your pack has a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Technique: How do you Sit on the Ground (Comfortably)?
June 03, 5:41pm

5'6" WM bags, really that much of a difference?
I take several of those thick rubber bands with me , they come handy for many uses. The local Post Office leaves them for me on the footpath (pavement) These are about 3" long , 1/4" ...

In GEAR » 5'6" WM bags, really that much of a difference?
June 02, 4:46pm

5'6" WM bags, really that much of a difference?
Linda This is an easy way , as long as you have a rubber band : about 10" reduction there but it can be any length you like (yes you will have a warmer foot box) BTW, you can shift dow...

In GEAR » 5'6" WM bags, really that much of a difference?
June 01, 9:29pm

The lost "jet engine" ground pad inflator?
Deflator !!! Use a battery operated vacuum cleaner with a nozzle adaptor. You will find a purpose made type at the largest REI outlets. Some of the guys that don't grasp the idea of unnec...

In GEAR » The lost "jet engine" ground pad inflator?
May 30, 4:43pm

Onto The Shelf
Ike and Doug, What a trip !!! Top shelf I say. Great photos too, can you share the model of camera you used ?

In Editor's Roundtable » Onto The Shelf
May 29, 7:22pm

Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
Pure soap used to be sold over there in flakes Lux is a brand we have here (Australia) That is Lux Pure Soap Flakes not Lux in general.... BTW, best not to shake/wring the bag when finished wash...

In GEAR » Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
May 29, 5:31pm

Most ready available fuel source in Latin America
Quick tip. Rubbing alcohol can be made with 70% (OK) to 90% (very good) ethanol or about the same with isopropanol , not so good...

In GEAR » Most ready available fuel source in Latin America
May 28, 5:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm