BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 131 - 140 of 4781 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...479

Forum » Thread

Measuring water
Going back to measuring... My pot holds 500ml at about 1cm from the top. Half of that is 250ml or 1 cup. so one quater of my pot is about 125ml or half a cup. All of the above are good enough fo...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 10:51pm

Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread
Its hot outside... The official (in the shade) temperature is 43c but I thought of taking the temperature in the sun in my front yard. At about 3:30PM having left there my watch,the mercury therm...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
January 13, 9:58pm

Why gray? A completely superfluous question about silnylon shelters
Just to be picky, that Timbeline looks more "stealth" there than it should because the photo has a strong green balance , just Google "Timberline tent" in google images and you ...

In GEAR » Why gray? A completely superfluous question about silnylon shelters.
January 13, 7:52pm

Why gray? A completely superfluous question about silnylon shelters
"since the light was amplified through it" I am pretty sure that the light would have been diffused not amplified. If you had a light meter I bet that the measured light inside would ha...

January 13, 5:46pm

Why gray? A completely superfluous question about silnylon shelters.
A couple of recent posts made me feel like resurrecting this thread. One is about this comment : Grey shelters are terrible and I will never purchase one. I would become depressed by the end of ...

January 13, 1:54pm

Who's nailed into the dining room floor to test pitch a shelter?
I use bricks... (would you believe that I seam sealed a few TT Rainshadows (3 person tent) inside my previous bedroom ? One rainy day I had a tent up in my dining room , one in my living room a...

In Community Support Forum » Who's nailed into the dining room floor to test pitch a shelter?
January 12, 2:05pm

Backpacking gear you use at home
That I can think of right now I have my Fenix torch handy and recently having acquired a Weber I started to use one of my canister stoves (remote) to light the coal for it. My Mora knife also gets...

In GEAR » Backpacking gear you use at home
January 11, 9:24pm

Gear Talk
"Just as Franco has been jumped on for recommending..." The peculiar point here is that I don't think anyone has done that since I became part of that brand but yes a few used to &...

In GEAR » Gear Talk
January 11, 12:53am

Rolled or Folded Ridgerest as Packframe
Have you tried folding a Ridgrest ?

In GEAR » Rolled or Folded Ridgerest as Packframe
January 10, 10:01pm

The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
All's well that ends well (Bill Shakingspire) First congratulation Stephen, many would have failed. Now for some suggestions . For the line lock slipping I have a video clip that has vari...

In GEAR » The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
January 08, 9:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm