BPL Community Profile

Alex Wallace (FeetFirst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Simple really; I enjoy getting lost in my local mountains and that's it. This site passes the time when I find my way back to the fluorescent lights, ugh. If you would like detailed, up-to-date information about the conditions in the Sierra, check out the true authority at: http://www.highsierratopix.com/
CityWest Sacramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://picasaweb.google.com/awallace1980

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alex Wallace

Showing 131 - 140 of 319 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...32

Forum » Thread

never mind
I spoke to a Patagonia representative via live chat and confirmed that I do in fact have the newer style, aka "the dud." Bummer.

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
August 30, 11:09am

the flap
I bought a Men's Houdini directly from Patagonia in Jan. 2013, which does have a flap over the front zipper. Conversely, the garment tag contains this number "24140 FA12," which I bel...

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
August 29, 10:51am

I just got back from a week in the Ansel Adams Wilderness...
...and I agree with the comments above, except about the bear canister. I carried a BV450 with no problems. Huffing and puffing with Thousand Island Lake and Banner Peak in the distance: Da...

In GEAR » Anybody tried the Exped Lightning 45 and 60
August 27, 2:24am

just go for it
Not exactly your situation, but similar and should be helpful. Fast forward to the 3:30 mark.

In GEAR » How to bend Bracing Stays instructions wanted
August 20, 11:27am

@ Andrew F
"On Matthes Crest" Holy exposure! Very cool.

In Post-Trip Reports » Stupid Light in the Cathedral Range?
August 16, 2:51pm

USGS
USGS Topographic Maps has the 7.5 min quad maps to download for free, or there are links to purchase high quality prints. Also, check for USGS field offices in your area. The BLM office near me car...

In GEAR » Mytopo quality?
August 15, 1:08pm

z-lite
If you use a full length Therm-a-rest Z-lite (the accordion looking one), you can double up the folded portions at your hips (and shoulders) to give you the extra cushioning in those areas. Obvious...

In GEAR » Switching to a foam pad?
August 15, 12:13pm

local hero
He climbs at a local gym here time to time and still seems pretty down to earth.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Honnold-Wright, CA 14ers (Shasta-Langley) by Bike, Foot, Free Solo
August 14, 12:40pm

Awesome
Very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lisa Rands - Mountain Bouldering the Sierra
August 14, 12:38pm

modular
Sell your Tarptent Moment to fund a new...Tarptent Moment DW (as in double-walled). Thirty four ounces total, but when bugs are not an issue, just use the outer "tarp" for a cool twenty o...

In GEAR » Tarp + Bivy weight savings, what am I missing?
August 12, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Alex Wallace

Alex Wallace has posted no reviews.