BPL Community Profile

Alex Wallace (FeetFirst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Simple really; I enjoy getting lost in my local mountains and that's it. This site passes the time when I find my way back to the fluorescent lights, ugh. If you would like detailed, up-to-date information about the conditions in the Sierra, check out the true authority at: http://www.highsierratopix.com/
CityWest Sacramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://picasaweb.google.com/awallace1980

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alex Wallace

Showing 131 - 140 of 285 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

an alternative
Permatex Flowable Silicone Windshield & Glass Sealer works well too. I used this for the first time a couple of months ago to seal up my TarpTent Moment DW and it worked great. No mixing necess...

In GEAR » ge silicone ii
May 17, 10:50am

Def Leppard
Regardless of shelter, I bet the drummer from Def Leppard would have even Franco beat on his two-arm attempts.

In GEAR » Easiest shelter to set up... with one arm?
May 15, 12:38am

Chuck Norris
Nothing to really add here except I'm pretty sure Mike M could give Chuck Norris a run for his money.

In GEAR » BEST ultralight spinning rod / reel.
May 15, 12:34am

nm
nm

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 15, 12:24am

Pencil?
How are you to fully connect with your surroundings with such distractions?! One time, camped on the JMT, I heard the scribbling of an obvious newbie hiker hundreds of yards away scribbling in h...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
May 15, 12:08am

BPWD PyraNet 2
***Sold*** I have a BPWD PyraNet 2, used on one overnight trip, in perfect condition that I could ship tomorrow. It does have a 70D silnylon floor, rather than the standard 30D silnylon, which add...

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD inner net duo, or BPWD pyranet 2
May 14, 9:46pm

Re: Re: imogene UL3
Interesting. On my first attempt I had the inner setup in probably less than 2 minutes. Insptected everything, opened it up, laid in it, etc. Next I draped the fly over the poles, connected each en...

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
May 14, 4:01pm

imogene UL3
I received mine last week and have only set it up in the backyard so these are just initial impressions: -I'm amazed at the packed size, which is about the same as my 1 person TT Moment DW; ...

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
May 13, 11:55am

Re: Re: Re: Mendocino National Forest
No worries. You're welcome, Justin.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mendocino National Forest
May 11, 12:30am

Snow Mountain Wilderness
I posted some info HERE about the Snow Mountain Wilderness that you may find useful. I know you said you're hesitant about the Sierra due to bears, but I think you should really reconsider i...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow Mountain Wilderness vs. Ventana Wilderness
May 09, 4:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Alex Wallace

Alex Wallace has posted no reviews.