BPL Community Profile

Alex Wallace (FeetFirst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Simple really; I enjoy getting lost in my local mountains and that's it. This site passes the time when I find my way back to the fluorescent lights, ugh. If you would like detailed, up-to-date information about the conditions in the Sierra, check out the true authority at: http://www.highsierratopix.com/
CityWest Sacramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://picasaweb.google.com/awallace1980

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alex Wallace

Showing 131 - 140 of 307 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...31

Forum » Thread

soon
I received the 45L flavor this morning (Campsaver.com's free shipping is very fast) and plan to use it on a 2-night trip this weekend. I'll post my initial impression shortly thereafter.

In GEAR » Anybody tried the Exped Lightning 45 and 60
August 01, 3:13pm

Worked for me.
That's the code I entered last Tuesday, July 30th, and it worked. It may have expired?

In Gear Deals » campsaver 20% off coupon
August 01, 10:24am

gotcha
Yes, very flexible. I previously owned the single walled version of the Moment and while I liked it enough, as soon as Henry released the double walled version I couldn't resist. The option to ...

In GEAR » Lightweight shelter for 6' side sleeper?
July 30, 12:30pm

Thumbs up!
Those lakes look so inviting! I'd be tempted to bring fins and a snorkel to enjoy the aquatics all day. Thanks for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribou Lakes, Trinity Alps
July 30, 12:11pm

August 23rd
Thanks for sharing, Marc. Too bad about the smoke, but it sounds like you still had a good time. I have a permit for Agnew Meadows TH starting on the 23rd of August for what is suppose to be a n...

In Post-Trip Reports » "Ansel Adams Wilderness"
July 30, 12:07pm

I like mine...
I'm curious why you chose the Moment DW over the Notch since you prefer using trekking pole(s) for support? Regardless, I'm sure you'll be pleased. Additionally, a semi-solid in...

In GEAR » Lightweight shelter for 6' side sleeper?
July 30, 10:51am

Thank you, sir!
Awesome. In my cart, with the %20 discount applied, I have an Exped Lightning 45L backpack for $175 and free shipping! Thank you. Do you happen to know when the current discount offer will expire?

In Gear Deals » campsaver 20% off coupon
July 30, 10:29am

Looks good to me
That's pretty much my default setup for summer hikes in the high Sierra and its served me well so far. The only items I would add are (1) a head net (which I bet you already plan on bringing an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra clothing too light?
July 25, 2:00pm

I've only used it once so far
I've only used it on one, 2-night, trip with my family (wife and toddler son) so far and don't really have much to say since the conditions were calm, well except for the mosquitoes! I'...

In GEAR » imogene 3 golite tent
July 17, 4:55pm

Re: Nico's Setup
I too am intrigued by the Cilogear pockets. I actually use a Cilogear 45L Worksack on most of my trips, but decided to get some Zimmerbuilts for the side pockets after seeing what he made for a Por...

In GEAR » How to pack the HMG Porter pack?
July 16, 10:58am

All Reader Reviews by Alex Wallace

Alex Wallace has posted no reviews.