Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 131 - 140 of 2610 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...261

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: run on Friday
Before, after, either way we will get in some downtime. I will try to get out there on Thursday.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
September 23, 8:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
@Doug. We're going to make an ultrarunner out of you after all. Does anyone have thoughts on doing the run on Friday, saving Saturday and Sunday for recuperating and enjoying some R&am...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
September 22, 11:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
Staying motivated and on top of training through the winter months can be a challenge. I know for me, last winter was quiet and I went into the early spring with fairly inefficient aerobic enduran...

September 22, 5:38pm

Re: 80g/m2
The Thermawrap PRO seems more comparable, on paper, to the Arcteryx Atom SV hoody which I found to be very warm for the weight. So at 18oz, the Thermawrap pro packs a lot into those extra ozs. Th...

In GEAR » Thermawraps are getting heavy!
September 22, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Some Patagonia stores entering thrift market
Yea Justin, "French Roast" is soooo Winter '12 Patagonia. Ugh....

In GEAR » Some Patagonia stores entering thrift market
September 19, 10:32am

"Thrift" shopping
Sounds like a win-win situation for both consumer and Patagonia. Those urban Patagoniaphiles who can shell out the coin for the "latest" limited series parka can "upgrade" at...

In GEAR » Some Patagonia stores entering thrift market
September 19, 9:59am

Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
First off, cheers on the Rut finish Mike! Glad to hear it went well and you're still reeling from it. Secondly, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because I'm still disappointe...

September 18, 10:17am

Re: Re: Re Approach Shoes
Eric Approach shoes are a bit of a one trick pony with the exception of a few offerings that might make decent dayhike shoes with more technicality on slab. Multi day backpacks on routes with w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altra Lone Peak 1.5 Trail Shoe Review
September 18, 10:07am

Re: R2R2R Questions
I only have experience with the SK-NK-SK route. You plummet headlong into the Canyon and the views are unbelievable. The exposure coming down SK is pretty damn exhilarating. I enjoyed the SK tra...

In Pre-Trip Planning » R2R2R Questions
September 15, 9:42pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
Nature is Metal.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
September 15, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm