BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 131 - 140 of 345 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Shelter for two... where one is not UL equipped...
I'm not sure what tent you have but maybe you could ditch the innertent and just take the fly, works for me and I leave about 2# + at home and get a roomy shelter on trail. YMMV Eins

In GEAR » Shelter for two... where one is not UL equipped...
August 20, 4:21am

Re: Re: Where would you spend your money
Steve, great tip about the ti goat bivi. I really don't have lots of demands yet for a bivi cause I haven't done a lot of bivi-ing yet. The main reason I wanted to MMO was for the fun of...

In Gear Lists » Where would you spend your money?
August 19, 7:12am

Re: RE: "Platypus - how to dry them out"
Uhm I just hang mine upside down with two clothespins on my clothesline. Same with the hose: pull mouthpiece off, whirl around hard for a minute or so (mind that you don't hit anything/anyone i...

In GEAR » Platypus - how to dry them out
August 18, 1:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Trekking Poles - John
>>FYI- the Komperdell "Titanal" and Leki "Titanium" titles are mostly rubbish. These are aluminum alloy poles that use some minimum of titanium in the alloy. But for all i...

In GEAR » What is everyone using for Trekking Poles?
August 17, 2:10am

Re: What is everyone using for Trekking Poles?
Komperdell Titanal poles, kinda heavy compared to what you see on this site, but I like them and for an item I somtimes put all of my weight on I like them to be a bit sturdy. Besides you can't...

In GEAR » What is everyone using for Trekking Poles?
August 16, 9:18am

Re: Where would you spend your money
I think I decided what to do. Due to the nice people at the tax company I won't have the money to buy a sleepingbag, so I decided to take the stuff I already have on my next fall hike. This wil...

August 16, 7:52am

Re: Either one.
@ Jeroen: I would be definitely be interested in your whisper, if only to just have it in my hands for once and have an up and close look at it. For how much would you be selling it? @ Stephan: ...

August 13, 7:05am

Where would you spend your money?
I'm ready to make the step from ultra light to SUL. Here's the shortlist of my current gear: Bivy-Bag-Pack (HM): 21 oz Poncho: 18 oz Sleepingbag: 36 oz TAR: 9 oz Kitchen: 13 oz (to b...

July 25, 12:56pm

Re: Paris
In France you see hordes of people walking with stuf from Decathlon, it's a budget chain of stores but they do mike nice stuf if you're on a budget and you don't won't give the stuf...

In GEAR » Paris
July 17, 4:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Compass Bearing need spreadsheet help
Richard, you're probably right. Come to think of it I never use a compass in the field. Just use the map and the usualy excelent waymarks of the trail is more than enough. Even when not walking...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Compass Bearing need spreadsheet help
July 16, 3:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.