Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 131 - 140 of 858 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: Reading
I'm a Verizon customer and I agree that they've got the best back-country coverage in California and Utah, where I've used my phones. My smartphone is a waterproof, dustproof, high...

In GEAR » Must-have smartphone features for the outdoorsy type
March 27, 2:17pm

Bear Vault, baby!
Yes, you pay quite a premium to save some weight in a canister with reduced volume capacity, an opaque surface and major back-country bling. Personally, I go with the BV500's and am willing ...

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 27, 2:06pm

Re: Windscreen
The Dollar Store. You get a large, aluminum cooking pan for a buck and cut the windscreen out of the bottom. Then, you fold the remnants and stuff them into a Coke can you're gonna recycle.

In GEAR » Windscreen
March 27, 1:56pm

Old Hunters
Like Jake above, "My dad still has his old kelty external frame pack, orange shovel, nalgene bottles, pump filter, whisperlite stove etc..." That's exactly my Dad, and this is th...

In Chaff » Teaching an old hunter to go ULTRALIGHT!?
March 26, 3:16pm

My answer
Great stove. Mine does that, particularly just before the canister runs out completely, which I've watched a few times. I interpret this to be from a lower head pressure, which I recognize ca...

In GEAR » Canister stove troubleshooting
March 26, 11:09am

Wear the hat
Like Jeff above, I've had hunk hacked out of me after the Dr. personally called my house, office and cell to find me. When he said, "(w)ell can you come in this afternoon? We've made...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 11:04am

Re: SOLVED! - Big Agnes Q-Core SL Size Issue
Mark, that's great info you've passed along. My current plan, now, is to use the BA air-core I've got for another season and get the improved Q-SL next year. I need the full width,in...

In GEAR » Big Agnes "Q Core SL" REALLY DISSAPOINTED!
March 25, 2:31pm

No doubt using my canister
I also use up the partially-spent canisters for car-camping, unless my gram scale tells me there's enough in there for a particular trip. I come from white-gas stoves and arrived at Canister...

In GEAR » Starting to doubt using my alcohol stove for cannister
March 25, 12:09pm

Re: Mountain House box at Costco
The Costco box is a great deal. For those who choose to look for it, it's not generally stocked with the outdoor gear, but over in the dehydrated foods section where you can find the hash brow...

In Gear Deals » Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
March 23, 9:33am

Re: Re: Refillable butane lighters: how is overfilling avoided?
It's not an issue if you use a "lighter fluid" butane canister to refill the lighter with, because the can pressure is limited. Fill it, light it to verify and you're done. I ...

In GEAR » Refillable butane lighters: how is overfilling avoided?
March 22, 7:02am

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.