BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 131 - 140 of 1047 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...105

Forum » Thread

Re: Box Canyon
Randy, you're right. The crossing there is pretty dicey. After you get across, you pick up a hint of a trail and then cross back and drop into the place where you can see my camp at the head of...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Box Canyon
July 26, 7:23pm

"Lost Creek: Box Canyon"
Hi Eric, there was one trip when I hiked the Gore Range Trail from north to south that I carried bear spray. It was a year when there were lots of reports of human/bear clashes because the normal f...

July 13, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Lost Creek: Box Canyon
Tom, thanks. That's a great thing to say. To be honest, there were times during the trip when I felt I was in a bit over my head. But I'm glad I was able to turn the experience into somethi...

July 09, 6:48am

Re: LC Trip Report
Yeah, Aaron. This one is classic LCW, but off the beaten path. Be careful around that second crossing, especially if you're traveling solo and the weather remains wet. There are many holes a pe...

July 08, 4:27pm

Re: Re: Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs
Hi Dale, I know that you've been thinking along these lines too. It was part of my inspiration to get to work on this. Let me know what you come up with. I'm always looking for lighter and/...

In Photography » Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs
July 08, 8:54am

Lost Creek: Box Canyon
New trip report @ Dondo Outdoors.

July 08, 5:49am

Re: Re: raw veg diet
Eliade, I don't know if you are still following this thread, but I'm very curious about your diet. Back in the 70s, I was friends with a backpacker who seemed to do well with growing his ow...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why is a stove part of an "ultralight" system <3 days?
July 04, 9:48am

Re: How not to cross a river!
Thanks for having the guts put this up for all to see. Many of us like to trumpet our successes and hide our failures. I'm glad that everyone got out of this alive. BTW, the video is kind of f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How not to cross a river!
July 03, 1:35pm

"3 day trip. Denver/Colorado Springs area."
The 23-26 mile goose creek-mccurdy-hankins pass loop is real nice and snow-free right now.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 3 day trip. Denver/Colorado Springs area.
July 01, 6:02am

Re: dondo ...
Thanks for the warning, peter. I've been told that before. It can lead people to do dangerous things like wandering around the Arctic all on their own, wearing highly breathable head nets of th...

In Photography » Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs
June 28, 6:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm