Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 131 - 140 of 2981 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...299

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 10
Brainstorming here, but the FAA initially dealt with ultralight aircraft with a "foot launchable" requirement. They later went to specific weight and fuel capacity limits (254 pounds and...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 10
March 03, 11:04am

Re: iPhone 6 Case for Backcountry Use?
I haven't gotten anything special for my iPhone 6, I can only confirm what you said about older Lifeproof cases - I inadvertently performed a rather rigorous test on a Lifeproof iPad2 case when...

In GEAR » iPhone 6 Case for Backcountry Use?
March 03, 10:22am

Re: an old Primus stove question for stovies
How about a short length of hardwood dowel? Drill a 3/16" hole in the end of a longer dowel. Then cut off 3/4" or so. Jam it onto the shaft. Maybe with a little epoxy. JB Weld says i...

In GEAR » an old Primus stove question for stovies
March 03, 9:10am

More DIY pole transport
In a pinch, you can strap, tape or lash your poles to something sturdier - a length of 2x2 that's an inch longer on each end, a piece of broom stick, etc - so the poles can't get compressed...

In GEAR » Airplane travel with trekking poles
March 02, 4:11pm

Re: Airplane travel with trekking poles
There is an allowance for "mobility devices" and my legitimately impaired brother can get through a wooden cane that is a lot stouter than any UL trekking pole. But a healthy hiker tryin...

In GEAR » Airplane travel with trekking poles
March 02, 4:04pm

It's all in the neck.
>"Better than that, a container with an outlet that is a smaller diameter than the cap+thread and has a way down back into the container for the oil that inevitably slides off after pouring...

In GEAR » Carrying Olive Oil
March 02, 9:56am

Re: Re: what about heat exchangers?
Garret, Yes, weight matters less in base camp. But in what way? You bring the heavier HX pot? Or you bring a larger volume of fuel? I have every BP pot my wife and I ever bought (we met o...

In GEAR » Help with titanium pots
March 02, 1:48am

Re: What tire shops do
>"And by partner, I don't mean the guy from the tire shop." I mean, unless you're into that.

In GEAR » Tiny, tiny hole in Exped Downmat UL7.
March 01, 11:55pm

What tire shops do
If you paint / spray your pad with a dish soap & water solution, little, small holes will inflate a bubble over time to something noticeable. Without soap, a small hole on a high spot can'...

In GEAR » Tiny, tiny hole in Exped Downmat UL7.
March 01, 11:54pm

Re: Big Bend with a 13-year old
Fires. Burning your own food. Throwing rocks in the river. Stuff like that is appealing even to kids that age. >"a trip across the border if my sister gets him an ID card" And ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Big Bend with a 13-year old
March 01, 5:55pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.