BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 131 - 140 of 2377 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...238

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Mount Whitney, California
>"I start very early in the morning while it is cool and dark. Too many hikers wait until dawn, and then they are dealing with heat problems very soon." Equally true heading out of ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mount Whitney, California
April 03, 3:18pm

Re: Mount Whitney, California
>"I think the reservation system mis-managed the whole thing this way in order to generate more non-cancellable reservation fees. " So do it twice in 2014. Bob, just because you&...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mount Whitney, California
April 03, 1:47pm

Yes.
Franco, thanks for the video. I've just forwarded it to my MIL who I gifted some Black Diamond poles (after catching her a few times on slippery Hawaiian trails last week. I love that you dem...

In Philosophy & Technique » How to use your trekking pole strap
April 03, 11:46am

Just did that.
My 9-year-old daughter and I hiked up the Narrows about 45 minutes (after the end of the trail) and returned to the car. It is about 70% walking in ankle- to calf-deep water if you pick the right ...

In GEAR » What footwear for The Narrows Zion?
April 03, 11:22am

Re: Re: Geigerrig water from air
>"to produce electricity using cold fusion" I just rub two University of Utah researchers together whenever I need to heat something up. (A quarter-century old reference to Fleis...

In GEAR » Geigerrig water from air
April 02, 7:55pm

Re: Malto is the man
>"and be VERY ORGANIZED in your resupply strategies" and/or have a super-dedicated team of support folks tweaking the contents and timing of your mail drops.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » nutrition on the pct
April 02, 7:51pm

Re: nutrition on the pct
I'll let someone who does that themselves answer your main Q, but a tip I've learned from switching diets for myself, the kids, the dog, etc: Do it gradually! Transition over a few days f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » nutrition on the pct
April 02, 4:43pm

Outing Clubs
Rishi: What school will you be attending? As many have said, "Get thee to the University Outing Club!" Like you, the other members will be poor, need to schedule around classes, ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
April 02, 4:30pm

Re: inside color for bag/quilt
Black is black in the visible spectrum. White is white in the visible spectrum. Alas, there is not much visible light at night, inside your quilt. When I've done timed experiments on diffe...

In GEAR » inside color for bag/quilt
April 01, 11:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
>"Also for those so inclined, Brunton made the "Fuel tool" for refilling some of their lanterns and stuff from a canister. It has a pipe fitting." I've got one of thos...

In Philosophy & Technique » What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
April 01, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.