Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 131 - 140 of 2904 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...291

Forum » Thread

Re: Vest filled with rice
Our kids had teddy bear with a remove able pouch full of buckwheat. One minute in the microwave and it stayed warm for 30 minutes or more. I suspect rice would work just as well but not sound as ex...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 9:28pm

Re: Why doesn't my phone run on propane?
My prediction (not like I studied fuel cells in college or anything, except, well, I did): The first time most people will recharge their cell phone off a fuel cell is when they plug it into the...

In On the Web » Why doesn't my phone run on propane?
February 05, 10:42pm

Re: Re: how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
>"Are we talking about a nudist camp?" Oh, the pictures I could post. Well, maybe not. I'll tell the story: Wildcat Camp in 1993, (I believe you were just there, Doug), Cal ...

In Philosophy & Technique » how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
February 05, 9:10pm

Re: alum
Alum +1 If you have overnight, solids will settle well overnight without alum (but even better with alum). Pour off the clear water REALLY slowly and gently. If you add alum, you'll g...

In GEAR » SteriPen Users -- Solids pre-treatment?
February 05, 1:59pm

2015 Trips
Early March: Grand Canyon with my 10-year-old daughter Late March: California to visit family, but day hikes every day. April: Kotzebue for the Kuskokwim 440 (spectator) and ice-fishing for sheef...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
February 05, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Re: wearing dark colors in the hot sun?
>"black underwear. . . is important for swimming opportunities." +1 For the boys, too: Even more than the photo, these look like bicycle / exercise shorts but are thinner...

In GEAR » wearing dark colors in the hot sun?
February 05, 1:03pm

Re: Guns guns guns
>"or if you prefer to catch and release, then hurting them for fun" Or, as an Alaskan might say: Didn't your mother teach you not to play with your food? A mention of a gun g...

In Gear Swap » FS: Survival rifle: Armalite Explorer AR-7
February 05, 12:58pm

Re: Snipes
Or, if you have 7 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTDeOPFr9e4

February 05, 12:11am

Re: Re: "Always bet on black" -Wesley Snipes
Ralph, I agree with what you said, paraphrasing, "black is black in the visible range, white is white in the visible range, but their behavior radiating heat in the infrared is unknown and ...

February 04, 11:59pm

Drug users are your friends.
>"someone that takes alot of meds" Jack reminds me of some cool containers I got for free at a garage sale - little canisters a little smaller than 35mm film canisters, but with a w...

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 04, 8:38pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.