BPL Community Profile

David Drake (DavidDrake) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Idaho
About Me I manage the Fabrication Labs for a university architecture program, and teach design courses.
CityMoscow
StateIdaho
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://ddrake.net
My PDF Gear List30F Bag/Quilt Comparisons

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Drake

Showing 131 - 140 of 620 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...62

Forum » Thread

Re: Mary Jane's Outpost meals
Hi Leigh, I take MJF every trip--the company is based in the town where I live, and our food co-op carries some of the meals in bulk. Very tasty, but pretty low calorie density. "Serving si...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mary Jane's Outpost meals
May 12, 11:18pm

Re: pruny feet
Thanks, Mike.

In GEAR » Hydropel = Body Glide?
May 12, 3:01pm

Re: Hydropel = Body Glide?
A little off topic: like the OP, I've heard of Hydropel, but never tried it--mainly because I've never really had problems with blisters. But I have noticed discomfort when my feet get r...

May 12, 10:03am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hydropel = Body Glide?

May 12, 9:56am

Re: first myog pack
Mike, +1 what Terry says re: epoxy. Generally, not much sticks to PE, including epoxy. Aluminum can also be tricky to bond to, but maybe the anodizing helps with that. If HDPE and alum. have di...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Pack
May 11, 10:39am

Re: Beginner quilt project questions
I notice DIY Gear Supply now stocks a limited amount of down 850 FP, $6.65/oz. On the other hand, it looks like the lightest shell fabric they have is 1.1 oz, so you'll need to look elsewhere ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Beginner quilt project questions
May 10, 9:49pm

Re: Re: First MYOG Pack
Ahh--1/16" makes a lot more sense, esp. given how clearly it seems you've thought through your design. >"I also believe there is a point when gear can become too light, and tha...

May 09, 10:51pm

Re: B2B – Bay to Beach – 60 miles with my 10 year old Daughter
Really nice trip report, Manfred (and Hannah). I think your right--it isn't really the mileage--but it is great what kids can accomplish (and happily!) .

In Post-Trip Reports » B2B – Bay to Beach – 60 miles with my 10 year old Daughter
May 09, 7:45pm

Re: First MYOG Pack
You might get more specific feedback if you posted pictures of your prototype frame and sketches of your design ideas. I use the free 3D modeling program Google SketchUp for MYOG design--if you...

May 09, 7:22pm

Re: Tarptent Notch vs Lightheart solo vs SMD skyscape trekker"
+1 Mary D.

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs Lightheart solo vs SMD skyscape trekker
May 09, 12:27pm

All Reader Reviews by David Drake

David Drake has posted no reviews.