BPL Community Profile

Chris Lucas (ChemE) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SC
About Me Chris Lucas has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbia
StateSC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSUL 3-Season Full Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Lucas

Showing 131 - 140 of 256 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...26

Forum » Thread

Everest 5 Denier Fabric?
Has anyone ever checked out this seemingly crazy fabric? Their website lists the 10 denier version as 22g/m² which (if accurate) is 0.65 oz/yd². They also have a press release regarding a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Everest 5 Denier Fabric?
December 23, 2:09am

Does Nanoseeum Weigh 0.7 oz/yd²?
We all assume it weighs 0.70 but there is a big difference between 0.7 and 0.70! I mean is it the same as 1.5 oz/yd² cuben which is really 1.43 or 1.2 oz cuben which is actually 1.26? I have a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonded Cuben Fiber / Momentum 50 Bivy
December 21, 10:12am

Durability Issues
I suggested something similar to Steve some months ago and his response to me was that the CCF pads wear out too quickly to make this viable.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonded Cuben Fiber / Momentum 50 Bivy
December 21, 6:29am

Improved Skeletonizing Process
Improved Method of Skeletonizing" I noticed during my previous experiments that when held up to the light, there is a dark spot under the top of the "A". My suspicion was that ...

In GEAR » Putting the ACR Whistle on a Diet!
December 11, 6:32pm

Searing
I would very highly recommend searing the edges with a soldering iron rather than an open flame. I find it goes faster and is very easy with the soldering iron. Nylon is so flammable that the ope...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind-shirt pattern
December 06, 5:49am

Momentum 90
I just received a few yards of Momentum 90 from Paul at Thru-Hiker and the weight I measure is 1.15 oz/yd².

In Gear Deals » MLD NEWS !!! MOMENTUM 50
December 01, 2:33pm

F'ing Sweet
Now if Cubic Tech would get their act together and give us the breathable cuben that they have been threatening, we would have ourselves a horse race! Can't wait to see what the cottage manufa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Momentum 50
December 01, 2:14pm

Thanks!
Franco, Don't know how I missed that on their site but thanks. Now if only they would make them available in a micro mini length...

In GEAR » Merino Toe Socks?
November 30, 7:11pm

Merino Toe Socks?
I LOVE my Smartwool PhD Running Light Micros and they can be worn for well over a week without smelling in the slightest. But I tend to get hot spots between my toes for which I love my Injinji or...

In GEAR » Merino Toe Socks?
November 30, 6:10pm

Vasectomy
Do you know anyone planning a vasectomy who could serve as a field tester?

In GEAR » Sharp objects near your...
November 25, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Lucas

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
So Santa brought me a men's small for Christmas. The fit for me is perfect. I'm 5'6" 130 pounds and typically wear a 14.5 32-33 dress shirt. I have full range of motion in this siz...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 25, 3:16pm

Patagonia Capilene 1 T-Shirt
Men's Size small: 114 grams Dries completely in a few hours and is very soft and comfortable. Of course, since it is synthetic it stinks to high heaven after two days of light use.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
June 12, 9:39am