BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeffrey McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeffrey McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 131 - 140 of 985 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...99

Forum » Thread

good stuff above
Being out in nature Photography Getting away from people Time to really think

In Philosophy & Technique » Why we hike....
July 20, 9:31pm

Re: Zimmerman?
"I agree with verdict, can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that he committed crime, although I would have voted for manslaughter." Jerry, not sure I understand that statement. Are...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 20, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise
Thanks Aaron. Yours is the plan I had in mind. Good to hear your thoughts. I always have a harder time going down (the knees) than up, so I'm thinking counterclockwise may not be so bad for me.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise
July 16, 9:46pm

Re: Re: Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise
"I'm trying to sort this out. If you got a last minute permit for clockwise, then why do you need to get a walk up permit for clockwise?" Yep, looks like I caught the mistake right...

July 16, 9:20pm

Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise
I got a last minute permit for Rae Lakes Loop over Labor Day weekend - going counterclockwise. I'm going to try and get a walk up permit for the clockwise route the day of, but since they only...

July 16, 8:47pm

Winter silks
I got some from winter silks. I like them so far.

In GEAR » silkweight baselayers
July 14, 7:24pm

Another TT SS2 fan
I just ordered the Stratospire 2. I was going back and forth between that and the Hexamid twin. While weight is important, the dual entry, head space, and ability to remove the inner won it over fo...

In GEAR » Sell me on your favorite DUO sized tent
July 14, 6:40pm

are you convincing?
The person in the thread here is looking to trade one. Maybe you could convince em to sell it?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Tarptent Stratosphire 1
July 12, 4:10pm

Re: Cuben duomid
"You took it? How could you know it was forgotten? A pitched cuben shelter was unlikely to be forgotten. If you are not joking and trying to bait a reaction here you have questionable ethics i...

In GEAR » What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
July 12, 1:53pm

Cuben
Besides the random water bottle or bear canister one time I found a cuben duomid...just sitting there pitched...so I took it. I figured carrying the extra weight the rest of the trip would be worth...

In GEAR » What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
July 12, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm