BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 131 - 140 of 2000 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...200

Forum » Thread

Bad Idea
Don't do it. The shoes may have different "stack heights' (i.e. the soles have different thicknesses). If each foot is different your walking will be off in weird ways and you could ...

In GEAR » Comparing Shoes — Go for a day hike with one on each foot?
January 23, 6:09am

Packs
Hopefully Leigh Baker will weigh in at some point. She hurt her back at some point and has tried a variety of packs out. However she keeps coming back to her Deuter pack. Its a bit heavy but its ...

In GEAR » Lighter pack or better frame with bad back?
January 21, 7:15pm

Re GG G4
I agree on the G4. I think the Golites will be a good compromise. One thing I've noticed is some kids don't pack very carefully (yeah shocking isn't it). If their packs aren't...

In GEAR » Kids BackPack recommendations
January 20, 10:21pm

Jam 35
I'd sort of forgotten about the Jam 35, I remember a while back someone else posted pictures of kids using the Golite Jam 35. It helps to know your kids too. Motivation will play a big ro...

January 20, 1:14pm

UL Kids Packs
Best bet would be to carefully read the "Five Yards to SUL-Pack" article. I used their basic plans to make a number of packs both for me and for my younger brother.

January 19, 8:38pm

My Horror Story of Arctic Cannibalism and Survival
My story was a tough one, its only recent I can talk about it... When I was a little guy we went packrafting with an early version of the Alpacka. Our plan was to packraft to a small island on t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Horror Stories
January 19, 12:10am

Improved Hipbelt?
I can't quit tell from the pictures provided but it looks like the hipbelt has changed a bit. That might be a big improvement. I tried an Exos on at REI. The hipbelt was so flimsy I didn'...

In GEAR » 2014 Osprey Exos 48
January 14, 9:55pm

Ideas
I haven't done the JMT but here are my general thoughts on gear. 1. Hiking shirt - I'd suggest a button up synthetic shirt with a tight weave in the fabric. This will help keep bugs of...

In Gear Lists » 2014 June 1st JMT Gear List.... Need Some Help
January 13, 8:22pm

To Small for me
I'd be all over this if I had a medium torso. Unfortunately I'm too big for this little beauty.

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom "Klettersack" inspired rucksack w/ removable ULA Circuit hipbelt
January 12, 5:47pm

Weight Savings and Comfort
The weight difference between a well designed UL pack and a frameless pack of the same size really isn't that great. For example the HMG Windrunner is 28 oz. A frameless pack of similar size ...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 5:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.