BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 131 - 140 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...209

Forum » Thread

Torso Length
I had the hipbelt sort of hiked up tall at that point. It took the weight off my shoulders but it didn't anchor as well and dug into my stomach a bit. I hike most of the day with it to try it...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Customized Zimmerbuilt Pack
March 31, 8:47pm

New Packs for Sale
Totally updated the post with new packs for sale.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Customized Zimmerbuilt Pack
March 31, 7:35pm

Now I'm REALLYcoming
Just pulled the trigger on a used Yukon Yak complete with cruiser spray deck. I can't wait. I should be able to get on a lake over Easter and practice a bit. Hopefully then some mild whitewa...

In Packrafting » APA Packraft Roundup, July 11-13
March 30, 11:08pm

Re pack
Okay the Quest makes more sense. I looked at a Quest very briefly in an REI once but didn't do much with it. Golite packs tend to be decent quality so I think it would be a good deal for the ...

In GEAR » Torso length and sizing for GoLite packs
March 30, 8:20pm

Don't
For 40-45 pounds you need a real frame don't even consider the Jam. I'd suggest the Exped Lighting. It comes in a 45 and a 60 liter version. Its normally pretty pricey ($250) but I...

In GEAR » Torso length and sizing for GoLite packs
March 30, 6:55pm

Don't Fuss
Ya'll please remember this was an estate sale, Clay isn't a hiker he's selling gear for a deceased relative who was. Clay sorry for your loss and glad you were able to sell so much s...

In Gear Swap » FS Assorted Gear...Used unless otherwise noted
March 30, 6:45pm

Flathead and another idea
Thanks David, I've wanted to get into the Bob for a while anyway so that sounds like a good way to do it. I'm thinking pretty seriously of a lake paddling trip in the Absaroka-Beartoot...

In Packrafting » Packrafting Question
March 28, 6:06pm

Take a Course
I'm not really a "mountaineer" but I consider my brother a casual mountaineer. I hike on my vacations, he climbs things. For him taking a week long Mountain Madness Course in Washin...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
March 27, 5:59pm

Re Be Careful They are sharper then you think
Good warning, a lot of people abuse their hatchets till they are basically a blunt instrument. This breeds carelessness. I used a sharp axe once and was very surprised by what it could do. I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 27, 5:37am

Uses for hatchets and saws
I can think of a few situations beyond bushcraft where a hatchet or saw would be handy. For starters at established campsites people tend to drag in wood that is too big to burn. If you can cut i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 25, 10:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.