BPL Community Profile

Michael Cockrell (CAL-EE-FOR-NIA) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley, Lodi-Stockton, CA
About Me Michael Cockrell has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Joaquin County
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cockrell

Showing 131 - 137 of 137 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Possum clothing
One of my employees is from New Zealand. He brought me a cap of this material. My favorite piece. Can't wait for his next trip home!

In GEAR » Possum Down
August 13, 5:17pm

Sierra Mosquito status
The whole range of the central Sierra Mt. seem to be hit hard with flying "WNV" winged meanies! I was in the Ebbetts Pass (Hwy 4) area several weeks ago, and planning on same this week...

In Gear Lists » pack weight creeping up
August 03, 3:34pm

Dried asian products
I find the best dried items at local asian markets: - Mushrooms, all types - Lechee fruit - Ginger - SARDINES!!!!!!!!!! - Octopus - Sqiud - Seaweed Oh man! I just spend hours goofing o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Easy UL Foods from the Grocery Store
July 28, 3:49pm

Wasabi powder! YEAH!
I'm in love this this stuff! You get it in little green "tins". Man! A little does it make up a striking good jolt "out there!" Throw in some dried wasabi peas . . ....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thai Curry
July 28, 3:12pm

Re: Re: Katadyn Pocket Filter
Thank you Laurie for your willing testimony to health-vs-weight. I have always gone with the old mechanic's theory on tools "buy cheap-get cheap, buy quality-get quality!" I thi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Katadyn Pocket Filter
June 04, 10:23am

Katadyn Pocket Filter
So, on my way to swapping out my old hiking gear to newer stuff, lighter. BUT . . . my MSR Miniworks has been rebuilt by me several times, still have to deal with clogging, and ALMOST got stuck ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Katadyn Pocket Filter
June 02, 2:47pm

safety pins
First post on this forum, after following it for months. I use 2-safety pins for each. If running, I pin them to the inner leg liner. For hiking, I pin them to the inside of pant/short leg. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Arm & Leg Warmer experience
April 29, 2:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cockrell

Michael Cockrell has posted no reviews.