November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 131 - 140 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Trip Report Tetons
I got a little misty when I saw the Death Canyon shots at the end of the video. In the late 70's I worked four summers on the Death Canyon trail crew while going to UCLA. Our crew sometimes st...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
February 23, 11:10am

Mount Tikka XP2 on Sternum Strap?
Does anyone have an practical way to clip a headlamp on a sternum strap or a belt. I have a reoccurring night hike every Wednesday near Auburn CA with my hiking group. Most of us wear headlamps f...

In GEAR » Mount Tikka XP2 on Sternum Strap?
February 10, 3:28pm

"thermos v jetboil for ski touring"
It's funny, but I was trying to decide this myself for a snowshoe day hike near Donner Lake in Northern California this Sunday. Yes the Jetboil is more versatile, but on the other hand, the Th...

In GEAR » thermos v jetboil for ski touring
January 07, 2:03pm

SUL with My Kid Brother
Nice job on the photography Luke and Joseph. I especially liked the panoramic shots of the verdant green hills. The Irish say there are 40 shades of green, and you must have encountered them all ...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 09, 9:22am

Mirage 1P
I have the money, but there is no way I paying $717 for a backpacking tent.

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Mirage 1P Tent Review
November 17, 12:27pm

Yada Yada
As an owner of the earlier Insulmat Max Thermo and the NeoAir, I can testify that they are comfortable, but a pain in the a** to blow up. Also, as Rodger mentioned, I have often wondered about the...

In Editor's Roundtable » POE Ether Elite 6 2/3 Length Air Mat Product Review
November 10, 8:45am

Best Windshirt
Be sure to read the recent BPL article about the Montbell Tachyron windshirt. I would consider that one if I was in the market for a windshirt because it was highly rated by Will. I have a thre...

In GEAR » Best windshirt.
November 07, 11:21pm

Mt Diablo
As Huell Howser would say, "That's Amazing!" I've day hiked Mt. Diablo many times, but I wasn't aware of this particular trail. I am now. Thanks guys. BTW the Mt. Di...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking The Diablo Trail: A Conservation Success Story
September 23, 11:10am

Lightweight Internal Frame Packs
Thanks for the insightful and informative report on packs Roger. A fine job as always. Just wondering if you categorize your gear into individual stuff sacks when you backpack as shown in the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1A: Testing Overview and List of Packs Tested
September 07, 1:25pm

Trail Shoe Recommendation
Size 13? Which NBA team does he play for? My foot is similar to the description except smaller (Size 11 d.) I used to wear trail runners, but this summer I switched to Merrell Moab Ventilators. ...

In GEAR » Trail Shoe Recommendation?
August 25, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.