BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 131 - 140 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Trip Report Tetons
I got a little misty when I saw the Death Canyon shots at the end of the video. In the late 70's I worked four summers on the Death Canyon trail crew while going to UCLA. Our crew sometimes st...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
February 23, 11:10am

Mount Tikka XP2 on Sternum Strap?
Does anyone have an practical way to clip a headlamp on a sternum strap or a belt. I have a reoccurring night hike every Wednesday near Auburn CA with my hiking group. Most of us wear headlamps f...

In GEAR » Mount Tikka XP2 on Sternum Strap?
February 10, 3:28pm

"thermos v jetboil for ski touring"
It's funny, but I was trying to decide this myself for a snowshoe day hike near Donner Lake in Northern California this Sunday. Yes the Jetboil is more versatile, but on the other hand, the Th...

In GEAR » thermos v jetboil for ski touring
January 07, 2:03pm

SUL with My Kid Brother
Nice job on the photography Luke and Joseph. I especially liked the panoramic shots of the verdant green hills. The Irish say there are 40 shades of green, and you must have encountered them all ...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 09, 9:22am

Mirage 1P
I have the money, but there is no way I paying $717 for a backpacking tent.

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Mirage 1P Tent Review
November 17, 12:27pm

Yada Yada
As an owner of the earlier Insulmat Max Thermo and the NeoAir, I can testify that they are comfortable, but a pain in the a** to blow up. Also, as Rodger mentioned, I have often wondered about the...

In Editor's Roundtable » POE Ether Elite 6 2/3 Length Air Mat Product Review
November 10, 8:45am

Best Windshirt
Be sure to read the recent BPL article about the Montbell Tachyron windshirt. I would consider that one if I was in the market for a windshirt because it was highly rated by Will. I have a thre...

In GEAR » Best windshirt.
November 07, 11:21pm

Mt Diablo
As Huell Howser would say, "That's Amazing!" I've day hiked Mt. Diablo many times, but I wasn't aware of this particular trail. I am now. Thanks guys. BTW the Mt. Di...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking The Diablo Trail: A Conservation Success Story
September 23, 11:10am

Lightweight Internal Frame Packs
Thanks for the insightful and informative report on packs Roger. A fine job as always. Just wondering if you categorize your gear into individual stuff sacks when you backpack as shown in the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1A: Testing Overview and List of Packs Tested
September 07, 1:25pm

Trail Shoe Recommendation
Size 13? Which NBA team does he play for? My foot is similar to the description except smaller (Size 11 d.) I used to wear trail runners, but this summer I switched to Merrell Moab Ventilators. ...

In GEAR » Trail Shoe Recommendation?
August 25, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.